windows key

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
so because i have spent almost every dollar i have had in the last 2 months on new parts, i am considering purchasing a windows key for $20-30.00, and downloading windows and installing it. i have seen youtube posts, and read posts on various websites how well it works. but i would like to hear real life stories if it works out fine or not. also, if it does work fine, a recommendation on a reputable website to buy a key from would be great. thanks, for good or bad news. i know the world is not sugar coated. but sometimes we do run into sweet deals.

so because i have spent almost every dollar i have had in the last 2 months on new parts, i am considering purchasing a windows key for $20-30.00, and downloading windows and installing it. i have seen youtube posts, and read posts on various websites how well it works. but i would like to hear real life stories if it works out fine or not. also, if it does work fine, a recommendation on a reputable website to buy a key from would be great. thanks, for good or bad news. i know the world is not sugar coated. but sometimes we do run into sweet deals.

I'm skeptical

Depends on where you're getting it from. Have seen redistributors on [H]ardOCP's for sale board selling Windows keys and everybody seemed to get a good key.

i would not know who to trust on eBay. i have had my fair share of not so good, tojust plain rip off "deals" on eBay. that is the reason i am hoping for a good recommendation.

i would not know who to trust on eBay. i have had my fair share of not so good, tojust plain rip off "deals" on eBay. that is the reason i am hoping for a good recommendation.

Just buy from proper ebay shops with good reputation.

Still wouldn't trust a software vendor on eBay.

PayPal and eBay are very buyer centric. They will side with the buyer darn near every time, so as long as you're patient eBay isn't a bad place to find a good deal.

Also, check out government auctions. There are times they'll sell off their desktops, which usually have the product keys on the tower. Those can typically be used without any issues.

PayPal and eBay are very buyer centric. They will side with the buyer darn near every time, so as long as you're patient eBay isn't a bad place to find a good deal.
I know PP and eBay side with the buyer a majority of the time. Just saying I still wouldn't trust an eBay seller for software licences.

Also, check out government auctions. There are times they'll sell off their desktops, which usually have the product keys on the tower. Those can typically be used without any issues.

Except that it's technically illegal / against the ToS of the license unless it's a retail key that's on the machine (most of the time it's an OEM key).

I know PP and eBay side with the buyer a majority of the time. Just saying I still wouldn't trust an eBay seller for software licences.
I see what you're saying and can't disagree totally with you.

Except that it's technically illegal / against the ToS of the license unless it's a retail key that's on the machine (most of the time it's an OEM key).
I know a lot of the keys we use are retail and not OEM as the machines are custom built. I should have specified. They're out there!

Back
Top Bottom