windows embedded 8.1 industry pro with updates

TrioxinCorp

Solid State Member
I am new to the windows 8 experience, I am wondering others advice ( besides install other OS :p ) I am wanting to be able to unlock the so called potential win8 has to offer, I dont have a lot of programs besides my basics installed on my current OS of win8 embedded.

steam
googlechrome

eudemons online

avg free edition.

Microsoft office 2010 enterprise w/ business contact manager.

that is the list of software I have besides the default windows embedded 81. pro with update .

so any cool ideas? fun apps, usfull tools, optimization ?

Is there a reason you're on Win8 Embedded and not the desktop version?

The windows 8 embedded was free form my collage, I did reaserch and it could be used as a main OS, it was clutter free of crapware, and preinstalled apps. I have problems with the HP installation of win8. got a new hard drive and needed a new OS so I figured why not, its for developers and I am currently in school for game development-Game tech suport ++ so I went with it.

Embedded OS's are usually geared towards industrial / corporate use. Not really for "developers" or anything like that...

I run Win8 Pro (free from my college as well)...and I'm a developer as well.

Reading up on it more, and I guess there's little to no difference between the embedded version and the desktop version. I figured it would have been stripped down (XP Embedded was, and so was Win7 Embedded I believe). So you should be fine as far as I can tell.

The main difference is the licensing of the OS.

Last edited:
Yeah, I remember win 7 Embedded it was a nightmare, like trying to use windows server as your OS.

right now it runs smooth, responcive better then anyother win 8 system ive been on from custom builds to prebought. I am installing my videogames and gonna see after a month or two how bad it gets. but with constant installs and uninstalls and the like its running like a dream.

Back
Top Bottom