Windows did not Detect a Properly Installed Network Adapter

Thresh25

Daemon Poster
Hi there,

I am having issues with my internet on my desktop. I am directly wired with an Ethernet and now have the error "Install a Driver for your network adapter. If you have a network adapter, you will need to reinstall the driver."

I've been using internet on the desktop fine no problem for about 2 years here, the only thing I can think of is we had a storm last night, not sure if that could have affected anything.

My router is working fine, so I can get on the Wi-Fi with my laptop, but my desktop does not have a wireless card so I have to use the Ethernet.

Can anyone help me?!!

Thanks!

It's possible that the storm could have damaged your Ethernet device. You can get another NIC pic/e card and pop it in to see if that works. They usually go for less than $20.

I reinstalled the drivers and at the end I got "if in deep sleep mode plug the cable"

What in the hell does that mean?

Edit: My Ethernet device is a part of my motherboard, should be motherboard also be no good if the storm knocked out the Ethernet port on the motherboard?

Or does the fact that the mobo is still working mean that my Ethernet port should be good as well?

Edit 2: Under bios I cannot find any LAN settings anywhere. I have a biostart277b

edit 3: I uninstalled the network adapter driver, then downloaded the driver from biostar's website and put that on a flashdrive. When I go to install that it says that the driver is for vista only......

Please help! I need internet on my desktop asap

Thanks

Last edited:
I reinstalled the drivers and at the end I got "if in deep sleep mode plug the cable"

What in the hell does that mean?
It means it doesn't detect a network cable plugged in because the ethernet jack is having issues.

Edit: My Ethernet device is a part of my motherboard, should be motherboard also be no good if the storm knocked out the Ethernet port on the motherboard?

Or does the fact that the mobo is still working mean that my Ethernet port should be good as well?
They can be independent of one another. Storms take out devices like network cards easily because nobody surge protects those for the most part. Used to see it happen all the time after a storm with modems and phones - power surge, and it takes out devices connected to phone lines

Edit 2: Under bios I cannot find any LAN settings anywhere. I have a biostart277b

edit 3: I uninstalled the network adapter driver, then downloaded the driver from biostar's website and put that on a flashdrive. When I go to install that it says that the driver is for vista only......

Please help! I need internet on my desktop asap

Thanks

Do what Joe suggested and get a replacement PCI NIC card. That will tell you for sure if it's a hardware issue.

Thanks for the reply. I really want to avoid spending money on a new network card if I can however.

The orange light for the Ethernet port is still blinking, and I was able to use the admin command prompt to show hidden devices in device manager to get to network adapter but I'm still not sure what to do.

Would the orange light indicate that the Ethernet port is okay? Or is it for sure fried?

Thanks again

Back
Top Bottom