Windows 7 Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Whirlwind

Fully Optimized
I am getting ready to install windows 7 home premium 64 bit.

I need to know exactly what I need to do to get it installed.

Anybody care to post all the steps that i must do....I have windows installed on a hard drive by itself....them I have another hard drive with just my games.

If someone could post all the proper steps in the proper order, I would much appeciate it....thanks.

Literally it's pretty much insert disk follow the steps. It should ask which drive do you want to put windows on so you choose and thats it otherwise. It takes care of its self.

As long as you have backed up everything you want to keep you should have no problem. You've ran the 7 compatibility test right?

^yep. Some will work, some wont. The some that do work will have issues, because reg entries, and files that were on your c drive will be missing. So best bet is to reinstall all your games.

^^All of the above. Like Abstract Hero said, insert the disc and follow the on-screen instructions.

And like Paton and Luke said, you're going to need to reinstall all your games as well.

Ok....windows 7 has installed fine......but unfortunately none of my games work that are installed on the other hard drive.....there does not seem to be a way to uninstall the games, unless I can just delete the folders?

Should i just format that drive and reinstall what I want, or will deleting the folders work....it shows 109 GB worth of stuff on that HD

^well if it is all games, and nothing you want to lose, then I would reformat the drive. But, you might want to grab some saved game files first.

Of coarse they wouldn't work.... Win7 has no clue theyre even on there, especially since you had XP. They work completely different.

As Luke said, grab all your saved games and profile stuff, default was in My Documents, so they might be gone, then just format, or delete the games folders.

Ok....thanks for the help guys.......I got windows 7 installed and reformated the games drive.....all seems to be good.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom