Windows 7 Netbook Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had thought that was what Starter was for? Still, I'd much rather stick Linux on a netbook.

I can understand this. But I need closest compatibility between my desktop and netbook as possible. I am going to upgrade to 2gb of ram in my netbook so I might be able to run the standard Home Premium on it.

Did you even read the date those were posted? Nov 2008. Check the Win7 Thread. I know for a fact i dismissed this in there. Yami is right. It is just Starter edition for the most part with the ability to run more than 3 apps.

Also you dont have to try and force Home Premium on it. You COULD still use XP on it. They will still be compatible! I have Win7, the laptop has XP and take a wild guess. I can conntect to 1 from the other.

So i dont understand what your talking about when you say closest compatibility. As it doesnt matter if you have XP or even Linux on it, you will be able to connect to your Win7 Desktop. I know cause I have done it.

Well then. What you stated Mak was exactly what I thought. I will probably end up putting starter edition on it. I love windows 7 that much :D. XP will do for now.

Starter edition is not for sale to any place other than 3rd world countries. Places that are up and coming with Technology. If Starter Edition is going to be the version for the netbooks then it will be preinstalled. There wont be any option or way for you to do it yourself.

I can understand this. But I need closest compatibility between my desktop and netbook as possible. I am going to upgrade to 2gb of ram in my netbook so I might be able to run the standard Home Premium on it.

I haven't had a problem running 7 Ultimate on my netbook with 1gb of ram so you would definitely be able to run Home Premium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom