Windows 7 License

Status
Not open for further replies.

SubFusion

In Runtime
How many licenses comes with 7 ultimate? i just want to be sure when i buck up $290, ill be able to throw it on my laptop as well as my desktop.

Unless you get a Multi user license, its 1 pc, for OEM or Retail versions. OEM is 1 activation on 1 computer until you have to call in again to get it reactivated, and Retail you get 3 activations on 1 computer until you have to call in.

so i could install it on my laptop and desktop, but when i go to install it on the laptop, i have to call in and tell the activation bot that i only installed it on one computer? just like xp, ive reinstalled roughly 10 times, and i just tell the bot that its only on one computer, if i bought the retail version of pro.

That's against the EULA and therefore illegal to do. You're only legally able to install it on 1 computer.

Hmm seems funny that i pay Microsoft $300 clams for their OS, yet its illegal to install on 2 of my own machines simultaneously. i dont see the problem if both my machines are my own, its not as if im putting it on my colleagues computers. Nonetheless, is it still possible to install it on both regardless of the legal babble Microsoft puts in their user agreements?

It is illegal cause it is against the End User License Agreement which you agree to follow when you install. It clearly states that 1 serial = 1 PC. End of story.

There were so many deals for so long now that it is not their fault you didnt take advantage when you could. People got Ultimate for $50.

We can not and will not answer if it can be isntalled on both. It is against the EULA, which makes it illegal, which makes it against our rules to talk about. Rule #5.

Alright, im glad to see that your keeping this site legit. Thanks for the info, it still doesnt matter if i con only get it on one comp i think 7's worth the cash. had any problems with it so far, as far as functionality? That goes to say if you've used it yet.

Very few. Starcraft and Star Wars Knight of the old Republic are the only 2 items that i can think of out of a list of over 250 applications/games i have installed.

*Edit*

Just downloaded the 10 Day Trial and installed it. WoW runs just fine on Win7 64 Bit. I have the Ultimate version as well but should work on any version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom