Windows 7 headache

Status
Not open for further replies.

RicoDirenzo

Fully Optimized
I bought, what I thought was a legit copy of Windows 7 Ultimate 32/64 bit. everything appeared to be good until last night when I got the dreaded "not genuine copy of Windows 7". Yes, I got screwed....I just bought a legitimate copy from a retailer and I am wondering a couple of things: 1) Do I need to do a fresh install? I hate to reload all the programs and drivers. 2) I have a quad 9450 installed, is there any advantage to going to 64 bit as I only have 4 gigs of memory and do not intend to increase that?

Thanks!

BTW....I just bought 2 new WD 2 TB black HD's for two differnt systems. I suupose it is prudent to reinstall W7 on the 2TB and then deal with the drivers programs install hassels (one being calling MS to recode my Ofice 2007 ultimate...sheesh et. al.)? I was hoping to use the 2TB WD for storage only!

Anyone what to jump in here?

Well the reinstall issue depends on you. If you dont go to 64 bit, assuming you have 32 Bit right now, then you wont have to do it. As long as you bought the SAME EXACT version as the one you have installed. Meaning that the person that messed with you didnt give you an OEM version.

If the versions are the same and you dont wish to go with 64 Bit then all you will have to do is input the proper serial.

Well the reinstall issue depends on you. If you dont go to 64 bit, assuming you have 32 Bit right now, then you wont have to do it. As long as you bought the SAME EXACT version as the one you have installed. Meaning that the person that messed with you didnt give you an OEM version.

If the versions are the same and you dont wish to go with 64 Bit then all you will have to do is input the proper serial.

Thanks. After reading the 32 vs 64 bit sticky here then I'm going to go ahead and intall the 64 bit version on the new 2 TB WD HD. BTW, it was an OEM version for a Dell (obviously, someone elses Dell!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom