Windows 7 FAQ and Questions

Re: Windows 7 Thread and FAQ

thanks mak
i kept getting confused with this stuff now its so much more convenient. thanks!

Interesting Eric. I know there are other ways to do it, i just find that way the easiest.

I know that when i do a image in Photoshop it saves to my Pictures area just as if i was using Paint. maybe it is cause of the way you did it that this happens? Maybe try removing those locations from the Library and use my method to see if that helps?

HEY MAK, since i changed the documents folder, all my games that had their saved games there are lost....
its still there in the docuemnts folder but the game can't locate it anymore...

You might have to copy them over to the new location. I set mine up right after the install and before i install anything. So i dont have this issue.

I think that i figure out the homegroup problem. windows 7 is confused by my gigabit switch that come after my router. the diagnostic tool said that I had multiple networks

so I have to buy a new gigabit router or run everything to my wireless n router that has regular ethernet speed. that sucks. this setup has work for the past 4-5 years

what would happen if i set it to all networks instead of local? could other people could come into my homegroup right?

HEY MAK, since i changed the documents folder, all my games that had their saved games there are lost....
its still there in the docuemnts folder but the game can't locate it anymore...
Jsut a thought, add back those default locations.
I think that i figure out the homegroup problem. windows 7 is confused by my gigabit switch that come after my router. the diagnostic tool said that I had multiple networks

so I have to buy a new gigabit router or run everything to my wireless n router that has regular ethernet speed. that sucks. this setup has work for the past 4-5 years

what would happen if i set it to all networks instead of local? could other people could come into my homegroup right?
They should. In theory it should work right.

Upgrading from Windows XP to Windows 7

There is a whole 6 pages dedicated to the migration for using going from XP to Win7.

XP to Win7 Migration

Check it out for all the finer points on what you will need to do. It is very intensive!

Back
Top Bottom