Windows 7 FAQ and Questions

Re: Windows 7 Thread and FAQ

The Boot drive/partition can be any drive/partition you want. Windows designates it by the System Active Drive in Vista and before. Win7 now gives it the Boot designation.

Oh great, as if it wasn't confusing enough before with the system partition being where the boot files are and the boot partition being where the system is.. now MS have made it even more confusing by swapping it around :D just great.

It isnt confusing. It is now labeled BOOT. Not hard to figure out...;)

well it would of confused me if you hadn't said they'd swapped it round :) lots of people will be used to the original way now and won't be expecting it to change.

Yes i know that it seems very confusing. But it really isnt. The Drive labeled boot is now the boot drive. Which is a bit different than the old way. but many people dont know that the System Active Drive is the boot drive in Vista/XP without being told. ;)

when i go 64-bit in the fall with Windows 7, im curious if some of my games i have with only 32-bit will still work with 64-bit.

All the games I've tried so far in x64 7 worked fine just like they did in x86 XP.

That's not to say the games you want to play will work in 7 either, though. Just keep that in mind.

I just install my version 7100 from ms and it boots to a little window 7 evaluation lettering in the corner and that's it. if I boot to safe mode it will start the initialization process but it can't finish because it's in safe mode. what up with that?

Back
Top Bottom