Windows 7 Code 12 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfenwick

Fully Optimized
So, figured I'd give Windows 7 a try. Installed it and ran all the updates...was working fine for about a day and then out of the blue, as I was installing programs I got this message:

"This device cannot find enough free resources that it can use. (Code 12)

If you want to use this device you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system."

It was in the middle of random install, after the reboot I lost network connections.

Anyways, have re-installed the card and drivers, looked around online for a solution but nothing really seems to work. This is on my htpc:

- Mobo: ga-ma78gpm-ud2h
- Vid: 9600gso
- 2GB RAM
- Wireless card: Linksys WMP54GS v. 1.1

Any ideas what the problem is? How to figure out where the conflict is?

What video driver are you using? The new 190 series of drivers have gave me nothing but trouble. I'm thinking you may have a memory leak from a poorly coded video driver. I'm using the 186.18 driver on all my systems as every PC I have gets a different error with the 190's.

Start>right click on Computer>Manage

There on the left select Device Manager. Find out what item has the yellow ! icon by it. That is teh device that you need to find proper drivers for.

Hey guys, thanks for the help....it's working now, not sure why...some uninstall/reinstall cycle fixed it.

The yellow ! is where I found that message in the first place but couldn't find drivers that would make it work, original CD or latest download. Anyways, it's working now so I'm crossing my fingers that it stays that way.

Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom