Windows 7 Beta, XP, or Vista?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Overall 7 is more resource-intensive than XP, however it is faster provided you have the hardware to back it up, except you don't, therefore I'd recommend XP.

The 7 kernel is a modified version of the Vista kernel.

The Win7 Kernel, yes it is a modified version of the Vista Kernel. but it is heavily modified.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/windows-7-thread-faq-172024/index22.html#post1693063

That post right there. There was already a benchmark done comparing many things from XP/Vista/Win7. I can vouch for the fact that Win7 RTM is much better. Since i am running it myself.

^ That's what I thought.

I really thought I was going crazy when I saw I was having more RAM available and better response on my rig than I was getting on XP x64. But its the truth, Windows 7 runs better than XP (at least for us.)

Well the RC version is a bit slower than XP. But the final version is not. The RC Build is not slower enough to say that it is more intensive than XP. On average i would say that it is only 2% slower than XP at most. Not enough to warrant discarding it altogether.

Vista 64 runs surprisingly well on my laptop....i was one of the vista bashers for a long time, but it runs very well. I could only imagine how much faster 7 is.

many times, even meeting the minimum requirements a game can be not playable.

I think that depends on your standards for playable. I got the demo running, graphics don't look great, but it is playable in the sense that I could beat the game if I had the full version.

I think that depends on your standards for playable. I got the demo running, graphics don't look great, but it is playable in the sense that I could beat the game if I had the full version.

Well, you can get a card that will play the game at max settings for around $50.

not playable is anytime i start seeing a slideshow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom