windows 7 backgrounds

bigdan

Daemon Poster
I'm having trouble w/ the backgrounds in Win 7. XP was soo much easier.

There's various themes, some of which I guess I've created myself since I see some unsaved themes. How do I see which pictures are a part of this? I did so at some point by clicking on Desktop Backgrounds, added a few to it, and somehow I now have a second Unsaved Theme, rather than simply modifying it. Not sure what happened there.

Also my pix are different sizes. Is there some way I can set some to full screen and some to tiled, rather than choose just one display method for the whole thing?

Thanks
Dan

I would just right click all of your current themes, delete them and then make a new one, adding whatever pictures you want. I don't think you can set certain pictures to be viewed in a specific way. Just make a folder that you want to have all your backgrounds in and copy your pictures there, then in the background manager just select the folder and select all. Then be sure to save your theme and name it something you will remember in case you make changes later.

Thanks man.

That doesnt sound very convenient somehow. What if I want to edit the theme, I need to create a new one altogether?

No you don't need to make a new one altogether. Since XP didn't have the feature of rotational backgrounds like Win7 and Win8.

If you want to have your background change wallpapers every X amount of minutes, yes the pictures will all need to be in the same folder. No you can not select multiple destinations to use for backgrounds that rotate.

But if you want to edit the theme, it is just as simple as right click on desktop>Select personalize>Click on desktop background and edit the images as you want. all done.

Yes XP was much simpler cause all you had to do was select a single image. Now you can select a whole folder and have your background change ever 15 or more. Something that is a big benefit so you don't get just 1 image all the time and you don't have to go in and change it yourself every day.

Anytime you add images to an "unsaved theme" it will create a new one. Cause that is just that. A change to the current "theme" to something new. So you will have multiple themes. So either make a big batch of wallpapers you want to use or only use a few. Or just know the fact that you will be creating and delete themes cause you cant decide what wallpapers you want on rotation.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom