Windows 7 Accept Terms on Login

LucidityK

Solid State Member
Greetings,

First, allow me to apologize for creating an account and posting a question without first contributing to the forum. I recognize this as bad practice, and I shall assist as much as I can; however, the following is a question that my boss has asked me to do. I simply cannot figure it out, and google is not helping me.

I have a domain where all computers are running windows 7 (except the server and the owner's computer. The owner's computer is running windows 8). Regardless, I need for all of the computers, even the server if possible, to pop up a box when the user logs in that indicated a terms and conditions message. The user then will either click accept to continue logging on, or if the user closes it or clicks cancel it logs out. Is there a free software or something?

Can set the legal banner registry key to pop up after pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del. It's located under:

HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\System\

and the entries are:
legalnoticecaption
leganoticetext

Or ifthat's not quite whatyou're looking for, you could always probably make a script or simple GUI program that pops up before user logon (should be an option to set run parameters under Group Policy editor, I think).

Yeah...

See I'm more of a hardware sort of guy... and I have absolutely no idea what anything you just said means. I mean, I know what GUI is and what scripts are and everything, but I have no idea how to even begin setting any of it up in Windows.

Yeah...

See I'm more of a hardware sort of guy... and I have absolutely no idea what anything you just said means. I mean, I know what GUI is and what scripts are and everything, but I have no idea how to even begin setting any of it up in Windows.

Look into the registry setting first that I suggested and see if that works for you or not ;).

The 2 places I've worked at (a school and an actual company) both have that method; our computers we had when I was back in high school also had that method.

If not, I can help out otherwise with a script / GUI app possibly.

Unfortunately, I need it to pop up on login vice on pressing ctrl+alt+del. We handle a lot of sensitive material for the Department of Defense and a lot of Federal Bureau's, so I need it to pop up on log in to cover our asses. :/

Unfortunately, I need it to pop up on login vice on pressing ctrl+alt+del. We handle a lot of sensitive material for the Department of Defense and a lot of Federal Bureau's, so I need it to pop up on log in to cover our asses. :/
Something like this?

vista-welcome-message-example-01.jpeg

It can be pushed through group policy if all of the computers are joined to a domain. The Active Directory controller can push the "policy" out to all joined computers.

Your server has Active Directory I take it?

It does, actually. Although I set it up, I admittedly don't know much about it. Internet Security is more my specialty if we're talking about software. I just kind of winged the initial set up and then made it virtually unhackable. The only concern I would really have is that I have Windows Server running inside of a Linux-based operating system for added protection, so I am not sure if the group policies I would have to add would get blocked in there, but I guess we'll find out.

Something like this?

vista-welcome-message-example-01.jpeg

A different message, but yes. If you know how to make that pop up whenever a user tried to log in, I would sincerely appreciate it.

This is exactly what the 2 registry keys I first posted about do...

As I previously mentioned, it pops up after pressing Ctrl+Alt+Del and before giving the login prompt.

These reg keys can be set via group policy.

Back
Top Bottom