windows 10 upgrade assistant icon

XWrench3

Daemon Poster
so this appeared on my laptop (which was originally a windows 8.1 os, that i claimed the windows 10 free upgrade) i think after the previous update. so today, i clicked on it just to se what it was, and maybe why it is there. well, my screen did a double refresh instantly like i had opened a virus. and a pop up window came up saying that the program had inconsistencies to it, and i should close it. which after the double screen refresh, i was going to do anyway. it appears official, but now i am not so sure. i have malware bytes running a scan on it now. any idea if this did actually come from microsoft? or why i got it?

Depends on where the file was running from, really.

I hadn't heard if there were any malware variants mimicking the Win10 upgrade screen, tho it wouldn't surprise me.

I know the Win10 upgrade app is/was supposed to be removed automatically by a recent update to Windows...not sure if that's gone through yet, though.

Dude i saw lot of people are having lots of issues with windows 10. Even me too. So i reverted my laptop back to windows 8.1 which is coolest and nice one to comply.

Been running it since the beta... only a few little issues that were either caused by me, or easily fixed.

i have to agree with carnageX, for the most part, Windows 10 has been pretty smooth sailing. especially looking back at some of the older versions of Windows. or even worse, dos!

Back
Top Bottom