winamp id3

Status
Not open for further replies.

chickenNcheese

In Runtime
in winamp all of my songs are displayed according to thier ID3 tag but i dont want this, i want them to be displayed by name instead and i was wondering how i can do this?

i tried options--->preferences----->titles and unchecked "use advanced title formatting when possible"

there are too many songs to go through each one and uncheck the id3 v1 and v2 tag usage

winamp v5.08

Instead of unchecking the option to use advanced title formatting, simply change it from this:

[%artist% - ]$if2(%title%,$filepart(%filename%))

to this:

$filepart(%filename%)

or this:

%filename%

i tried this but it only changes the name of the song to the filename if i uncheck the id3 boxes so the problem is still that i would have to go through each one

After you make the change, make sure the box is still checked. This setting applies to Winamp in general and is not file specific. You could try closing Winamp and re-opening it.

Go to one of your media files in Windows explorer and play it with Winamp. It should just show the filename now. If you are using a playlist to play your files, your playlists may have extended information that Winamp is showing. This then gets updated when each file gets played by Winamp. You can remove the extended info from the playlist to fix this, or re-create the playlist with the option to store extended info turned off (that is under the CD Ripping option).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom