Win 7 Compatability mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
I get sound but nothing but a greyed out picture where you can see the outlines of people or objects. Sound has never been a problem with 7 or with more then one card for Vista while XP always sees reliable results for that.

At least 7 has a good excuse of being in beta presently while the "Vista ready" labeling is a bunch of crap! I'll be testing Nero's capture option once booted in Vista again to see if that will record in Vista. Otherwise back to square one with XP simply for video.

The Sound works on Win 7 just not on the Pinical TV app.

eye so your whole point is that a game which is not fully compatible with Windows 7 doesnt offer the feature for the right click.

Shocking.

The problem with your example is this. It is a game that is rated for XP not even rated for Vista and you are trying to force run it on Win7. Shockingly it isnt working as expected. Go figure that a game that wasnt even rated for the Current Windows doesnt work in the new Beta as it would be expected to be on XP.

System Requirements for the game on several sites confirm this as well.

Prey game download from Game Revolution
Prey System Requirements for PC - VideoGamer.com
Prey (PC) - PC World Pricing

Yes it may have worked on Vista. But at the same time it was not fully compatible with Vista and is not listed as a compatible OS. So therefor you can not expect it to run on Win7 without any issues.

I get sound on 7 as well but a greyed out display. I reinstalled Vista recently since no picture was seen with two different cards and that saw the picture and sound both working.

You can't record anything however without seeing some 11,000 duplicates of the 1 minute test file recorded! So XP is still on the second drive here for video while everything else for the most is running on Vista and now 7 beta.

(I think I should jump up and down and stamp my feet until someone comes up with a program that actually works on either of those two! ruf! ruf! ruf! :p )

But hey you can play Redneck Rampage with out a hitch and that just rocks!.. LMAO

eye so your whole point is that a game which is not fully compatible with Windows 7 doesnt offer the feature for the right click.

Shocking.

The problem with your example is this. It is a game that is rated for XP not even rated for Vista and you are trying to force run it on Win7. Shockingly it isnt working as expected. Go figure that a game that wasnt even rated for the Current Windows doesnt work in the new Beta as it would be expected to be on XP.

System Requirements for the game on several sites confirm this as well.

Prey game download from Game Revolution
Prey System Requirements for PC - VideoGamer.com
Prey (PC) - PC World Pricing

Yes it may have worked on Vista. But at the same time it was not fully compatible with Vista and is not listed as a compatible OS. So therefor you can not expect it to run on Win7 without any issues.

We missed each other's posts there! The problem wasn't due to which version of Windows but having a disk in the other optical while installing Prey. For some reason the installer configured the game to run from the wrong drive. A quick reinstall would settle that easy enough.

Ah gee? you also missed the post on the other thread. It's called the information highway while in beta where anything can happen.

Prey was run for 3 straight hours without a glinch of any problem and without right clicking anything besides the need for the new shortcut.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom