WIn 10 Microphone levels driving me crazy

Runfox

In Runtime
I have recently encountered a problem I cant figure out, its driving me crazy. I play on line games with friends, and my Microphone properties, Levels, the volume slider and Mute, are constantly at 0 volume and on mute. I un click the mute and raise the volume level, and then it goes right back to mute and 0 volume. I have un installed and reinstalled my plantonics headset drivers, my Razor Nostromos gaming pad drivers, and my Realtek high deff audio drivers, and the problem persists. It has to be a windows 10 problem in software I guess.
I have gone into device manager and clicked the update drivers in all my audio devices and they are all up to date.
Short of reinstalling windows, I just don't know what it is????

Really there are two ways - you have selected wrong settings or your Windows is corrupted and does not store the choices at all. This latter is very likely.
When is the last (ie, no choices are not saved), there is only one option, which helps - must to do a clean and complete installation of Windows. Other option doesn't exist.

I have recently encountered a problem I cant figure out, its driving me crazy. I play on line games with friends, and my Microphone properties, Levels, the volume slider and Mute, are constantly at 0 volume and on mute. I un click the mute and raise the volume level, and then it goes right back to mute and 0 volume. I have un installed and reinstalled my plantonics headset drivers, my Razor Nostromos gaming pad drivers, and my Realtek high deff audio drivers, and the problem persists. It has to be a windows 10 problem in software I guess.
I have gone into device manager and clicked the update drivers in all my audio devices and they are all up to date.
Short of reinstalling windows, I just don't know what it is????

Are you using any VOIP software? What settings are you adjusting - the ones within Windows, the game, or the VOIP software?

Also, don't bother checking for driver updates through device manager. Go to Plantronics site for the Plantronics headset, Razer for the razer drivers, and Realtek for the Realtek drivers and manually check. The device manager only checks against Microsoft's database of drivers.

Thank you all for some ideas, I am not using any VOIP software . I do use Discord to talk with friends in game, but this problem, persists , even when I uninstalled my Palntronics Gamecon headset, my Razor game pad, and my realtech high def audio drivers. I am talking about right click on speaker icon on task bar, click on recording devices, under the recording tab of Sounds, I click on properties for the Microphone, on microphone properties, I click on levels, and the microphone is always a 0 volume, muted.
And when I unmute and raise the volume level, and leave the tab open, and click anywhere on screen, I can watch it go back to muted and 0 level. I have never seen anything like it before, and it has to be a window 10 software problem.
And yes I did try downloading and reinstalling drivers for my Plantronics Gamecon head set, my razor game pad, and my realteck high def audio drivers form their websites. Which leads me to believe I have no other choice but to do a format, reinstall of window 10.Great....

OK had to reformat and reinstall windows 10 to fix the problem. That was the strangest windows software problem I gave seen, i guess it was corrupted some how?? Now my mic stays up in volume and not muted.

On a side note i had a heck of a time getting my windows 10 authenticated. I was using a bootable disk from Microsoft, as I had previously updated from windows 7. Turns out some how my disk was windows 10 pro, and should have been windows 10 home, which was why it would not authenticate once I was online.Got an online chat with a microsoft tech to help.

Back
Top Bottom