Will This Fly Or What?

Status
Not open for further replies.

davedawg

Baseband Member
alright, heres my new setup, its the first decent one ive gotten cause i got a job :D

2.8E GHz Pentium 4 Processor With HT (Prescott Ready)
Asus p4p800 SE MB 1mb Cache
WD 80 Gig HD 7200 RPM
Geforce FX5600 256 Mb 128 Bit Video Card
AGI 350 Watt PSU
Lite-On DVD-ROM
Lite-On CD-RW
Kingston 512 DDR
This Sucker Has 8 USB Ports :)

Alright, I hope this will satisfy my, but if someone has a similar setup up like this respond if you wouldnt mind

Thanks guys :D
Dave

Everything looks great to me.

The only thing that could use an upgrade in the future would be the video card - the ram will probably be ok for now, and the processor is pretty good.

Nice comp! (and congrats on getting a job!) :D

i doubt it wil fly, the case and parts are too heavy, mayb if you get a super light case and add wings.

If that 2.8E is supposed to be Extreme Edition don't get it, it sounds like a huge waste of money from everything I here just get the plain 2.8

Hell use the extra money to get another 512 of ram and you'll see more of a benefit, and I'm not very impressed by the FX line of cards I would go with a Radeon 9600 XT 256mb.

alright thanx guys, the reason why i got the fx5600 is because i hear runs with asus alot better than radeons, i hear some of the time the asus MB's wont even run the radeons, thats what happened with my friend, anyways, im happy with my parts, well maybe not with the video card, but i will have to find out the hard way :confused: and another thing, your right i did hear some bad rumors about the extreme editions, but i have a 3 year on it so im not that worried, what kind of things did you guys hear?

and the guy at my shop was insistant on saying that 350 would be all i would need for the setup i had, and i dont think he would be lying cause if he wanted to sell me a higher PSU then he wouldnt have been trying to tell me to keep the 350 ya know, he said that alot of people have too much power runnin through it, and they dont use even 3/4 of the power that it converts, thats just what he said though

well as i said earlier if u plan on upgrading your video card to a radeon you will need taht extra power, and if ever plan on doin some O/Cing a better power supply will be needed but for wut u do have now it is totally fine

around 600 - 800, cause i buy all my stuff at my local store, so he has the ability to bend the price a little if he wants to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom