Wifi problems/ instability

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaronkupen

Fully Optimized
I've been using this wireless router - wrt350n- for about 5 months now, and it really hasn't given me anything but an unstable connection. At least three times a day it will cut out, and the only way to put the wifi back up is to reset the router, and sometimes the internet itself due to constantly getting local only access ( side question, what the heck is up with this local only crap anyway?). Other times I end up just having to wait hours for it to decide to give me internet back.

The firmware is updated to the newest version, but the problem persists.

Also, the problem isn't just with my laptop, my PS3 also loses connection. But when the wifi goes the downstairs computer thats hooked up to the router via a wired connection still gets internet -- most of the time.

Is there anything I can do to alleviate this problem before I throw this thing out of the window? It's really starting to bother me.

I had this problem with my D-link router a while back. It would disconnect all the time at the most random times. I figured out that it was BECAUSE of the firmware update that it was doing this. I just never updated it again and it worked fine. Too bad the thing just died on me and doesn't really do anything anymore. Good luck.

I had this problem with my D-link router a while back. It would disconnect all the time at the most random times. I figured out that it was BECAUSE of the firmware update that it was doing this. I just never updated it again and it worked fine. Too bad the thing just died on me and doesn't really do anything anymore. Good luck.

Yeah I figure there isn't much I can do except either live with it or get a new router. I've been searching around about this router a lot and a lot of people are having similar problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom