Wifi Problem

dan1992

Beta member
hi guys, i don't know a great deal about computers but i really want to set up a wifi network in my house. the problem is i don't really want to pay for it, i know im a tight ass. i have checked into it and there is currently no law against using open wifi networks in my state, and there is a open business wifi two houses down from me. now i only had one bar of signal when i moved in so it was basically useless, but, i had a very high quality wifi adapter for my laptop from my old place laying around so i was able to build a bigger receiver out of it so signal strength is no longer an issue. my question is how do i know set up a wifi network in my house using this set up? there has to be a way im sure, im just not smart enough to work it out.
cheers dan1992

OP is in Australia - so that wouldn't apply to him.

That being said, this is a US-based forum, and DOES apply to us. So we can't give any information on how to do what you're wanting to do.

Just get your own connection setup.

basically the op is stating that he wants to steal somebody's bandwidth to set up his own network on it and wants some one to tell him how?
Also you would have a very unsecured network even if you did try it...you'd be wide open to get hacked

Back
Top Bottom