Wierd Tire Wear

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikoman69

Daemon Poster
Just got a 1996 jeep cherokee, all the tires are like new except the front driver side, which has odd wear. The inside shoulder of it is almost completely bald, the rest of the tire just has normal wear. Ive check the ball joints by getting the front off the ground and shaking the tire, and its completly solid on the axle. is it possible that it is just wayyyy out of alignment?

could also be your tie-rods, make sure those are aligned and solid. btw, you can't really judge the give of it while it's on the ground. jack it up and see if it moves then

You aren't going to be able to align the front end properly by yourself. Take it into a les schwab or other business that does front end alignments.

Front end alignment 70 bucks
New tires that wear out after 10k miles due to bad alignment 350 bucks

Alignments are cheap insurance :)

4WD or 2WD? If it's 4WD you may have a problem with alignment, tie rods, front axle knuckles, or a bearing.

Its 4wd. I had it in getting the muffler replaced, and they did a front end inspection well they had it up. They said the ball joints, and tie rods were perfect still. I guess im going to take it in soon and get alighnment, balancing and rotation. Also, when I get up above like 65~70 that front tire that is worn starts shaking slightly.

Normally it's both front tires if you need an alignment. I would take a hard look at the bearings. Does it make any noise while rolling? You also could have a bent rim.
Where are you located?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom