Why is my GTX 1650 Super Running so slow?

User-232342342

Beta member
Hello,
i bought a pc with:

Gigabyte GTX 1650 Super
Ryzen 5 3500x
16GB 3000Mhz RAM
700 Watt PSU

A Example is fortnite where i get 5-10% lower frames than my friends STOCK 1650!
His Specs:

Ryzen 5 3600
Gtx 1650
16GB 2666MHz RAM

Do you guys know how i can fix it?

Thank you in advance.

Programs installed on your machine, drivers, cooling, background tasks, settings, resolution.
I play stretched where i get higher frames and i also tested it. Programs couldnt be it because the pc is now 4 days old and i didnt install anything other than steam, discord, epicgames and Ubisoft connect. My drivers are up to date. I disabled background tasks and also dont run anything other than the game itself while gaming. And i dont think so that it is the cooling either because my cpu and my cpu are running constantly around 60 to 70 degrees (celsius)

I play stretched where i get higher frames and i also tested it. Programs couldnt be it because the pc is now 4 days old and i didnt install anything other than steam, discord, epicgames and Ubisoft connect. My drivers are up to date. I disabled background tasks and also dont run anything other than the game itself while gaming. And i dont think so that it is the cooling either because my cpu and my cpu are running constantly around 60 to 70 degrees (celsius)
You said bought a PC which I insinuated with programs as bloat. Anything like an AV to any driver/app/whatever "managing software" can cause slow downs. Epic Launcher when in the foreground is known to also use CPU (as does Discord, I've seen it use over 10% of a 3700x just typing), which yours albeit minute is a tad slower at boost than the 3600 (a mere 100MHz). Without numbers, 5-10% is rather vague, so without concrete information to compare the two there's nothing else I can tell you.

There are also other things like bios settings that can play a key role in a minor slowdown for AMD machines, like Infinity Fabric clock for instance. Too many variables. If it's above 80fps I'd ignore it.

Back
Top Bottom