why is everyone so bias?

Status
Not open for further replies.
people are biased, but i dont care...bully's are actually wimpy on the inside :)

imagine how i feel being a celeron user and everybody saying "get a sempron"

Gaming is what pushes this industry. It's the most demanding process, (for the pc and from the gamer) for a computer to handle.

while it may be true that gaming does drive the industry it is not by a long shot the most demanding thing a pc can do. when i encode videos i dang near max both my cores (running at approximately 4100+ each) which is a lot more than the average perhaps 60% usage of one core i get for gaming.

edit: i probably should add something directly to do with the topic :p. i only reccomend what would give the best performance depending on use for the price. 9 times out of 10 this turns out to be AMD. i mean who are we kidding, which is cheaper a 3000+ Sempron or a 3.0ghz Prescott which despite people saying the sempron ratings correspond to celerons will pump out the same time in superpi

ITs not biased. Until the Conroe comes out AMD is the best for everything right now in temrs of gaming AND multitasking because of the X2s, Opterons, and FX-60.
while it may be true that gaming does drive the industry it is not by a long shot the most demanding thing a pc can do. when i encode videos i dang near max both my cores (running at approximately 4100+ each) which is a lot more than the average perhaps 60% usage of one core i get for gaming.
Stole the words from me!

AMD give me more BANG for by BUCK. And it not that the CPU. It the motherboards too. 2 Years ago, I was upgrading my Boss's home PC after he saw that I put into it. Now I am Pro-AMD, He's Pro-Intel. We both wanted a motherboard with RAID on it. It annoyied him when he found out that my Motherboard from the Same Manufacturer worked out $50 cheaper.

Last year, husband and wife where buying some ubar gaming riggs. Husband goes for a AMD Athlon 65 3500 with DDR 400 Ram, where the wife goes for an Intel Pentium 3.6 with DDR2 533 Ram.
Both the video cards where the same.
Both motherboard where using VIA Chips Sets.
After building these 2 PCs, we did a 3D Benchmark set on them. The Intel won. But AMD was VERY close behind it.
And the AMD system was about 25% cheaper.

AMD warranty support for me is better. Here is an example of Intel Support. And all I am wanting is a BTX Heatsink.

AMD Reseller Support is better. Unlike the Intel GID reguirements for each quarter.

Intel is still having issues with their Dual Core.

Ingoring the current SKT 939 / 754 and the future SKT AM2 issue ; AMD has normally provided me a better upgrade / future proofing.
Intel just keeps changing every thing every 12 months.

Captain Buck said:
as ive read threads on this board its very obvious that everyone is super bias for amd which i think isnt fair tho amd is better in most cases i chose my intel over an amd because it suited my needs better which is i do one thing at a time but threads that say "what should i get?" its never even an option of an intel which i think is flat out wrong im not trying to start a war here, but i think people should just be more open minded and not compare apples to oranges because amd and intels appeal to differnt needs of users

Wait, was that a complete statement? Thanks for being such a processor *tree hugger* but ****......who cares?

This is the closest you can get to Cheech and Chong on intellectual steroids. Take a screen shot!

no dude im asking if people would just be a little more open minded im not starting a flame war and ur just being an *******

When it comes down to price to performance AMD is pushing ahead, as said, Intel motherboards are more expensive and so is the DDRII ram, this money can be spent on a faster CPU. When asked AMD or Intel, I always (unless in a rush and tell them to do it) provide evidence with the benchtests. So why should this thread be different?

http://www.anandtech.com/cpuchipsets/showdoc.aspx?i=2668

Yes there are osme cases of Intel's being faster there.

Also, I can wait for a DVD to encode, but it is quite hard to play a game with a low frame rate.

Why should we recommend people Intel when AMD is currently the best? It's like recomending someone walmart shoes when they can get Nikes for the same price.

omfg u all are taking this the wong way and starting a flame war ur all getting super defensive of amd when im just saying be more open minded about processors when there are cases of the intel being a better CHOICE im not saying intel is better than amd or amd better than intel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom