Why are people so sue happy?

Status
Not open for further replies.
People in canada don't really sue all that much when it is something stupid.

There was two cases at my parents business that people could have sued. (one the front stairs were slipery becase it was winter, then guy slipped and fell and bumped his head)

Another, it was windy and a tree fell on a guys car, big tree, the car was a wreck. Did not sue

Wait there was three, a guy was drunk, went out on the second floor belcony and fell over, the guy wasn't hurt mind you.

I think maybe other Americans might not agree with me, but I really do feel that the US particularly has this inate self-righteous attitude that "the world owes ME something." I wouldn't say that, if I didn't see it all too often, specifically when the issue is sue-happy people. No, I know that NOT everyone is like that in the US, but we hear about it all the time in the US. Part of the problem is the judicial system for letting it happen to begin with.

Re: Carlin, RIP George you are still sorely missed :(

A lot of Americans I know are shocked about there reputation outside the US border. I don't share this view but the world owes me something attitude and the whole I am right an always right just don't work outside the USA.

Well I speak for myself here, but I am noticing that, Saxon. We are realizing just how much Americans are seen differently outside the US. We know about anti-Americanism, but we are seeing a bit more of the depth and breadth of it all more nowadays. I hope things will change with the current administration.

I would not call it anti-Americanism per say more like we are just annoyed with the attitude displayed by some bad apples that some how seem to represent the whole (I find that VERY unfair) for instance I have meat some of the best people an friends on this forum nearly all of them are American, but most people in the EU only get exposed to the likes of Paris Hilton and the shock horror and idiot storys that make it onto the international news.

It's quite sad really, you guy's don't get a fair shake of the stick because of some bad apples that some how get represented on the media as the typical American.

I can also say that being an American and living in Panama (very Americanized), America is a very unpopular country/idea.

Have you not heard America is the world, other countries are just accessories for the dashboard along on the ride.

Yeah, I am in Central America...2,500miles south of the REAL America :p

Arrogance is bred into us Americans in many ways. I know I was taught that no one is better than me, but my mom tempered that with the knowledge that I am better than no one else. Most Americans look down on the majority of the world as ignorant and backwards without bothering to find out if it is true. They think that because they live in the land of opportunity that the world should kiss their feet.

The past couple of generations are even worse. They believe that they are entitled to whatever they want and should have it all right now. If anyone or anything gets in the way of that, sue it/them.

The past couple of generations are even worse. They believe that they are entitled to whatever they want and should have it all right now. If anyone or anything gets in the way of that, sue it/them.

I concur sir. I am only 21 but I look around at my fellow age group and shake my head. My father and his father got this country into debt and took all of our future money away. Now we see so many of this generation too unwilling and arrogant to deal with it, so they fend for themselves and sue people and point fingers. Get off.

/minirant

I think trotter hit the nail on the head it's only been in the last 20 or so years the the US's reputation has been in the toilet so to speak, and that is in what i can see as a direct correlation with the rise of celebrity culture / worship. I am sorry to say that given the choice of looking upto a doctor or a scientist they would rather model there very existence on a drunken yob who can kick a ball get drunk an beat the crap out of one of his own fans for asking for a autograph or some big nosed foot faced heiress who acts like a tramp "parties" films herself getting nailed and act's like a child.

**** I am sitting here now and on channel 4 there is big brother on down stairs and the current important story that has replaced the 8pm news is some one has lost there nail varnish (yes I am being serious) while in the real news there is - The story of a child minder taking lude pictures of children while she was at work, The story of the shooting at the holocaust museum and a continuation of the Tory call for MP's expenses to be over hauled further.
So when did some bimbo losing a unessential bit of makeup be come important enough to kick the news of the air for 10 weeks?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom