Who's got a faster internet connection?

Status
Not open for further replies.
1.8Mb Download and 1.2Mb Upload.

So i download at about 200Kbps. I would kill for more reliable internet over a faster connection... disconnecting is a royal pain on games. It disconnects every 15minutes to hour. Then if i did get it reliable, i would love 20Mb Cable Connection.

I had dial-up when I was smaller and didnt have my own computer and i was fine with it since i was using it for cartoon games
My claim to fame on dial up as to be back in 1997. Back in the days well before Kazzar and Nabster and BitTorrent I was reponsible for 30% for Dial 1's Non Commercial Bandwidth for 3 months straight.

I had the Sysops of that ISP hunt me down in-person over that achievement.

I have two connections.

One is my home connection 1.5mb dsl, and
my second is a "borrowed" 6mb connection i use for downloads.

I also have an aircard for my laptop, but its on hold right now since i dont really use it.

This thing turned ugly at Post 3 when the OP said "You're just jealous..." How obnoxious can a person be, its just Internet..

:::.. Download Stats ..:::
Download Connection is:: 967 Kbps about 1 Mbps (tested with 1024 kB)
Download Speed is:: 118 kB/s
Tested From:: Broadband Speed Test and Internet Bandwidth Community - testmy.net resource / tool (Main)
Test Time:: 2008/06/28 - 1:37pm
Bottom Line:: 17X faster than 56K 1MB Download in 8.68 sec
Tested from a 1024 kB file and took 8.678 seconds to complete
Download Diagnosis:: Awesome! 20% + : 70.25 % faster than the average for host (20.87)
D-Validation Link:: Member Stats - testmy.net resource / tool
User Agent:: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9) Gecko/2008052906 Firefox/3.0 [!]

so we can have a "who has the best 3dmark 06 score" thread but not a who has the best net speed thread??
some people cant afford nice computers but that doesnt mean its not ok for them to brag about their 3dmark score

some of you are getting your panties in a bunch over just a friendly little competition thread

Exactly right.

uhmm...i'm on a nice 768kb/s dl- 128kb/s upload DSL connection :( they offer up to 6MB/s around here but my dad doesn't want to switch ...grrr

10mbps/1mbps
i can go 15/1.5 but its 100$ a month + tax >.> im already paying 70$ for 10mbps. on top of which rogers throttles the bandwidth so p2p programs are useless.

sucks but the speed's ok as long as i use http servers like rapidshare or megaupload.

my high broadf band speed goes t owaste considerign no one uploads at high speeds anyway, i have 18mb/s but nowhere have i ever downloaded past 4mb/s and that was on utorrent when it happend. so i over pay for nothign i jus tliek to have it.

This is on my mac book over the wireless n network I use at home I will post my desktop speeds later on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom