Which Printer Do You Recommend ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

onauc

Baseband Member
Howdy,

I want to buy a printer but I have no experience which type of printer (Inkjet or Laser) and which brand and it's model is suitable for my needs. I will tell you what I want to do with my printer and you can recommend me the perfect one for me.

I want to print-out web-templates (cool designs), back-grounds.

I want to print-out webpages (that display logos, images, etc.).

I want to print-out webpages (that display picture galleries).

I want to print-out webpages that are search result pages with images.

I want to print-out webpages (dating, marriage, etc. match-makers) that advertise people's profiles with text and photo-images.

I want to print-out webpages that have small images like these but the images should be printed-out enlarged in good quality.

I will be printing-out my own websites and not other peoples'.

Now, as you can see, I want a printer that will be able to print-out both text and peoples' photoh-images on A4 paper so I can turn the papers into leaflets. Better if it can print-out on A3 paper so I can create colourful posters.

I also want the ink to last long and be low cost because I really don't want to spend on ink more than 1 pence (British) per paper.
I think 1 pence = 1.65 cent (just less than 2 cents).

I have been reading printer guides and I understood that dedicated photo printers are not for me because they can't print-out text nor can they print on normal paper but require special "photo-papers" and these are smaller than A4 in size plus expensive.
I also understood that laser printers are not good to print-out images and photohs.
So, that leaves me with Injet Printers even if they are slower than laser printers.
Now, amongst the Inkjet Printers, I don't know which type is suitable for me.

I don't like the sound of Dye because they take too long to dry and more likely to smudge.
Maybe, Pigments are suitable for me ?
And, since "compatible ink cartridges" (non-brands) are cheaper and equal in quality to "brand ink cartridges" then I guess it's best I buy an Inkjet Printer that can use all sorts of or atleast more than one sort of "compatible ink cartridges" (non-brands) so I can test different companies' "compatible ink cartridges" (non-brands).
From what I've been reading on :
http://www.valueshop.co.uk/guide-to-ink-cartridges.asp
http://www.valueshop.co.uk/guide-to-buying-printer.asp
http://www.valueshop.co.uk/guide-to-ink-cartridges.asp
it seems it is best that my printer does not have a 'fixed print head".

Q1. What happens when colour ink cartridge runs-out of ink ?
Do I have to replace the whole cartridge ? Wouldn't that be expensive ? Isn't it best to just get a cartridge where I can refill ink ?
This way, I only spend money on ink and not on both (ink plus the cartridge).
I don't know what's best for me so please advise.

Q2. So now, which non-duplex Inkjet colour Printer do you recommend that can use more than one company's "compatible Pigment ink cartridges" (non-brands) and print-on single side on both A4 and A3 normal, standard (non-photoh papers) papers ?
I mean, which brand and model (printer) do you recommend which is itself low cost plus it has 4 separate colour cartridges where it's ink/cartridge/toner are low cost too and longer lasting and cheaper to replace/refill ?

Q3. So now, which duplex Inkjet colour Printer do you recommend that can use more than one company's "compatible Pigment ink cartridges" (non-brands) and print-on both sides on both A4 and A3 normal, standard (non-photoh papers) papers ?
I mean, which brand and model (printer) do you recommend which is itself low plus it has 4 separate colour cartridges where it's cost plus it's ink/cartridge/toner are low cost too and longer lasting and cheaper to replace/refill ?

Q4. And, which non-duplex Inkjet colour Printer do you recommend that can use more than one company's "compatible Pigment ink cartridges" (non-brands) and print-on just on single side on just A4 normal, standard (non-photoh papers) papers ?
I mean, which brand and model (printer) do you recommend which is itself low cost plus plus it has 4 separate colour cartridges where it's ink/cartridge/toner are low cost too and longer lasting and cheaper to replace/refill ?

Q5. And, which duplex Inkjet colour Printer do you recommend that can use more than one company's "compatible Pigment ink cartridges" (non-brands) and print-on both sides on just A4 normal, standard (non-photoh papers) papers ?
I mean, which brand and model (printer) do you recommend which is itself low cost plus plus it has 4 (red, green, blue, black) separate colour cartridges where it's ink/cartridge/toner are low cost too and longer lasting and cheaper to replace/refill ?

Q6. Regarding the coloured inks, what is the difference between ink cartridge, toner, re-filled, manufactured, remanufactures ?

Q7. Anything else I should know ?

Oh by the way, if it's a choice between choosing a printer that is fast but low quality printing or a printer that is slow but prints good quality then I'd go for the latter. But, ofcourse, I prefer a printer that can do both (print fast and good quality text and phots, images, logos, animations, etc.).

Reply asap because I need to buy one asap.

Thanx

I have the Canon Pixma IP4000. it's fast, prints good quality, and is very quiet.
it doesn't print A3, but it does print CD's.
it also has individual cartridges for each colour. that means that if one colour runs out, you don't have to wait for all the other colours to be used to replace the cartridge.
also, even the genuine cartridges don't cost much. I think about $6-$7 per cartridge.

I have the Canon Pixma IP2000.. A more economical little brother of the one Apokalipse has. Print quality is nice. It does NOT have separate cartridges for the different colors. Also, the ink monitor is a passive monitor where it "estimates" how much ink is left. The cartridges are cheap. $2.50 for black and $5.00 for the tri-color. Ngear brand cartridges of course :).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom