Which phone to get... Xperia X1 or MyTouch 3G?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iFargle

Linux / HPC / K8s SME
Staff member
I can get either one, brand new, for $100, and I'm wondering different opinions on these phones. I'd like input on:

General OS performance
Text messaging experience
Media player function and operation
Ease of use!

I've been leaning towards the physical keyboard, but I'm also very partial to the virtual keyboards on capacitive touch screens. How is the virtual keyboard performance on the MyTouch 3G? I do a lot of text messaging :tongue:

Thanks for any input :)

EDIT: Both will be on AT&T (The MyTouch 3G is unlocked)

i would definitely go with the my touch,
the on-screen keyboard on the my touch can be upgraded through various apps(such as the "better keyboard" app) so you will find you may get a similar experience between both phones.
the experia runs on windows mobile, which is getting very stale nowadays, anyway android is light-years ahead in general user experience and functionality --it also has threaded messing built in, whereas i dont think winmo has it at all. both OS's media functionality are fairly average/ on-par with each other, so don't expect too much in that respect.

hope i've helped :thumbsup:

One thing that bothered me about the X1 is that I found that I had to use the stylus a lot in some of the screens. Is the MyTough capacitive? or is it resistive?

Becuase this Eternity I have right now has a resistive and I absolutely hate it, lol

That's really enticing.. I loved my iPods capacitive screen.. so easy to use. iPod = buttering bread with soft margarine. Eternity = buttering bread with extremely hard butter.:tongue:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom