which option do i use?

chara33

Daemon Poster
Looking to boot from my dvd, i hit pf2 and select bios. where I have this setup:

Boot config
fast boot
launch csm

Boot option priorities:
boot option #1 [windows boot manage]
boot option #2 [eufi: mat****advd -r]
add new boot option
delete boot option

laptop is an asus x550za. Win 8.1

thx

these look like a good reference to follow. It seems like you could be a valued member of this site. Welcome aboard.
Thank you for your kind words! You just made my day. I hope I can be a good member here and help with things I know and still remember.:D I might not always get it right the first time, but I'll give it my best shot!
Gary!!

When you turn on your laptop / PC, keep hitting F9, that will bring you into the boot option and then just select what you want to boot from - in this case DVD drive. This is a one off boot so when you restart again it will boot from the hard drive unless you repeat the steps above.

If you want to set your DVD as default then you can do from within bios as you know now :cool:

^ The Fx key varies; I've seen it be F2, Del, but more commonly F12 for the quick-boot menu selection.

I usually end up doing the "Function key strum" and run my finger across them more often than not, if I don't know the right key :lol:.

Back
Top Bottom