which one

I actually prefer my tablet, but some websites simply don't work properly on a touch screen so in this case I actually have to move to a laptop. If you can only buy one then a laptop is probably a more practical choice. (if that's the reason you're asking the question lol)

I use both a Surface Pro 3 (mostly at work, but also at home to build familiarity), and also my own personal laptop. I like them both, but I was already more familiar with the use of a laptop right out of the gate; granted once you add the keyboard to the Surface, it's pretty much the same thing. I think as far as accessibility goes, laptops have been around long enough that you won't do yourself wrong by getting one if you don't already have one, but Surfaces are being touted as "The tablet that can replace your laptop (Type Cover Sold Separately)" so it could be an option, not to mention the Surface Pro 4 is on it's way as well.

Though for the price of a surface you could probably get a decent android tablet AND a laptop lol

Yeeeea, that's true, they're definitely kinda pricey.

But worth it from what I've seen / heard.

@OP: Mostly depends - just sitting on my couch browsing the web or whatever a tablet is fine. But for anything productivity related, a laptop is much better than a tablet. But the Surface Pro 3 is a powerful machine, and you essentially get the best of both worlds once you add a keyboard to it.

You're not alone! We're just way cooler than this lot. :cool:

My preferences, in this order:

1) Desktop
2) Laptop
3) Tablet (with a detachable keyboard)

Call me old fashioned, but if I'm going to use something on the go, I'll use my phone. Otherwise, gimme a big *** screen with some HD resolution (see: iMac) and I can do my gaming just fine. I don't move around when I game, so I don't see the point in a gaming laptop.

Call me old fashioned, but if I'm going to use something on the go, I'll use my phone. Otherwise, gimme a big *** screen with some HD resolution (see: iMac) and I can do my gaming just fine. I don't move around when I game, so I don't see the point in a gaming laptop.

I have a gaming laptop as my primary gaming machine - I like to be able to go over to friends' places if we want to game together without having to haul my entire setup over. Plus, my desktop is pretty out of date by today's standards :(.

Back
Top Bottom