which one should i get opera vs firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilmil

Baseband Member
well i want 2 get opera, cuz its just as good as firefox and cuz DAP has an update with opera, so i cheked out the site didnt really learned much cuz it looks like it has the same features, but i hear that opera is better than firefox, firefox has great extensions and tight skins, so i want 2 hear the PEOPLES opinion about opera and if its better than firefox

Firefox all the way sir,

no Spam, Popups, less crashing and a sweet intergrated Download manager, tried Opera didn't like it, found it slow with needless popups and a pretty average Download manager. I use FF with DAP pretty easy just the right click "copy link location' and dump the link into DAP

Jake

Why not try 'em both and see which you like better? I personally prefer Firefox, but don't take my word for it.

I guess Greg's advice is probably best - try 'em both. I tend to disagree with what jakec says, the download manager in opera is superior the ff offering and most benchmarks rate it as the fastest browser (mainly due to its clever cacheing).

I've been using Opera for many years now and love all the little features n things like mouse gestures. Close the browser and it'll remember what pages you had open and reopen them for you next time (if you want it to) etc... It just seems the peole who wrote opera put effort into finding out people wanted and gave it to them.

However both are good browsers and both are free. If you do download opera you might want to spend a while playing with the settings since it by default has pretty much every toolbar it comes with open - which is kind of annoying.

The way i see it firefox is a good replacement for internet explorer. Opera is an upgrade to something better. ;)

fitzjj said:
I guess Greg's advice is probably best - try 'em both. I tend to disagree with what jakec says, the download manager in opera is superior the ff offering and most benchmarks rate it as the fastest browser (mainly due to its clever cacheing).

I've been using Opera for many years now and love all the little features n things like mouse gestures. Close the browser and it'll remember what pages you had open and reopen them for you next time (if you want it to) etc... It just seems the peole who wrote opera put effort into finding out people wanted and gave it to them.

However both are good browsers and both are free. If you do download opera you might want to spend a while playing with the settings since it by default has pretty much every toolbar it comes with open - which is kind of annoying.

The way i see it firefox is a good replacement for internet explorer. Opera is an upgrade to something better. ;)

I agree, except that Opera does not have all toolbars/panels opened by default anymore since version 8.

Opera is far superior to FireFox. Only fun thing about FireFox are the gadgets (extensions).
But Opera 9 (nearing beta stage) supports widgets, offering similar tools like extensions like weather forecasts etc.

Try both for at least 3 days.

My screenshot (still using older version): http://themajor.no-ip.org/downloads/click.php?id=4

I recommend Firefox (obviously).

While not perfect, it is a kick-butt browser. Especially once you customize it the way you want it with extensions.

Some complain about FF's "memory leak", which is FF caching the pages you visited to load them faster if you back up to them, but that is easily remedied (http://techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=93915).

I have tried both, and am now using opera. I like it better. Not any particular reason. It's a give and take thing. Opera feels more 'smooth' to me. Don't ask why, I guess it follows the way my eye moves... The only downside is it doesn't work when I check either of my e-mail accounts, so I switch to IE for those.

Ryan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom