Which firewall?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a friend who uses sygate. Ive never seen it myself, but he says it works very well.

I had zonealarm for about a year, I used it with a dial up connection since I would leave it online sometimes for days at a time (if it would stay connected that is). When I switched to a broadband connection, I'd leave my computer running overnight or during the day while I was at work, downloading files or something. I'd come home and see the files still downloading at a normal rate, but any time I tried to accesss a web page I'd get an error as if I wasn't even connected to the internet. The only thing that would reset that is restarting. It took me a while to figure out it was zonealarm. There was nothing from zonealarm to indicate that it prevented me from connecting to web pages for any reason. I switched to McAfee and it hasn't happened since.

cedjunior said:
I had zonealarm for about a year, I used it with a dial up connection since I would leave it online sometimes for days at a time (if it would stay connected that is). When I switched to a broadband connection, I'd leave my computer running overnight or during the day while I was at work, downloading files or something. I'd come home and see the files still downloading at a normal rate, but any time I tried to accesss a web page I'd get an error as if I wasn't even connected to the internet. The only thing that would reset that is restarting. It took me a while to figure out it was zonealarm. There was nothing from zonealarm to indicate that it prevented me from connecting to web pages for any reason. I switched to McAfee and it hasn't happened since.

For some webpages, you just need to temporarilly turn down your firewall to medium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom