when recording

Status
Not open for further replies.

♪créme

Beta member
i like to write songs and record etc, in multitracking software, i record one track, then i record another. annoyingly, on the second track, the sound i make AND the previous track get recorded, as if i was bouncing whilste recording. i mute my wave control, the prob is resolved, but i can't hear the previous track. HELP PLEASE!

what software hd recorder are you using??? And what input PCI device? Motu, Delta 101, protools?

i had that problem once before, and i just bought an external sound card and everything works fine now...

Try this first:

double-click the volume thing on the task bar.

for Play Control, make sure Wave is up at around 85% or so and whatever input on your sound card you are using (Mic, Line in) is the only one that's active.

then goto Options -> Properties -> Recording -> OK

Make sure "What U Hear" is not active and that only one of the inputs are (you should only be able to select one)

Also, this seems dumb but it happens ALOT. If the second track you are recording involves a mic, make sure you are hearing the first track through HEADPHONES while you are recording. Otherwise it'll obviously pick up the playback of the first track while you are recording the second...

Anyways, here are screenshots of my windows volume control setup:

Attachments

• playback.jpg
    62.8 KB · Views: 12
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom