What's your opinion on iPhone 5C?

Whiply

Solid State Member
[FONT=&quot]It is rumored that iPhone 5C will debut with very low price. What's your opinion on it? If someone is planning to buy an iPhone, would you recommend this cheaper low-end phone[/FONT][FONT=&#23435]?[/FONT]

I think that the 5C is a decent phone, but it is overpriced. When Apple announced that they were releasing a cheaper iPhone I thought that it would have a dramatically lowered price. The 5C really isn't that much cheaper than the 5S. It also has pretty much the exact same specs as its predecessor, the iPhone 5. It might be better to just buy the 5 instead of the 5C, or if you're willing to part with a bit more money go all out and get the 5S.

I think it's a good move, you have to realize that retail will be about $99 and from what i've read, some carriers will be giving them away as promotional items. Sprint for one said that they will be giving them away with signing a new contract.

I think it will be a great phone for large families with teenage kids (or younger). Instead of dropping $200+ on an iphone ($200 promotional price, way more retail if you aren't in contract), a family can buy their kid a $99 phone.

I am however disappointing in the lack of innovation i'm seeing at apple.

I think it's a nice replacement to selling the generation old phone for the same price (even if the internals are a generation old) -- It creates the illusion of "new" :tongue:

I would get an iphone, especially this one that is more affordable, but think about it. The phone costs you $99. The service is at least $70 a month. Do the math 70 x 12 = 840
Thats the reason that I am the only person on earth without a smartphone.

I would get an iphone, especially this one that is more affordable, but think about it. The phone costs you $99. The service is at least $70 a month. Do the math 70 x 12 = 840
They get their money for each phone that way and more. You don't need an expensive plan to have a smartphone though.

As odd as it sounds, I'm interested in the 5c. Depending on if my next interview scores good, my work phone will most likely be the 5c. I want the blue one.
As for my opinion on it in itself, eh. I think we all know now that Jobs is gone Apple's "innovation" will and has taken a huge nose dive. The only thing I've seen innovative come out of them is the new Mac pro.

Apple knows how to reach every single consumer demo with their product lines. The 5C is the link in the chain for people who want a new phone but don't care about having the fastest processor or biggest storage. Before the 5C, people had to buy an 'old' phone if they wanted a low-cost option. That's not very attractive so Apple will reach many many more users with the 5C.

Note, you cannot buy the iPhone 5 any more. It's gone. iPhone 4S is the freebie phone below the 5C. This was another smart move by Apple.

You should consider getting a smartphone. Specifically, the 5C. It's cheap and it's brand new. Apple's phone cycles run about 3-4 years before they are officially no longer supported so it would be the best experience for you rather than if you bought a used phone of some kind. My iPhone 4 (July 2010) just updated to iOS 7 so it's good for at least another year. (That didn't stop me from ordering a 5S first thing this morning, ha)

I guess a first-of-its-kind multi-angle fingerprint scanner with the diameter of a pea is not innovative enough for you?
No, because in the end a finger scanner is still a finger scanner. Been around forever. The cooling solution on the Mac Pro on the other hand is innovative and unique. There is nothing like it. It may look like a trash can but I'm betting the cooling performance is excellent and it gets away from the traditional box style casing.

Either you understand what innovation is or you don't.
Looks to me like you're confusing invention with innovation.

To be clear, cooling has been around for ages and Apple just figured out how to do it better.

Same as print scanning, or any of the other dozens of features the iPhone does better than any other phone.

Back
Top Bottom