What's the best security to get?

well Avast and AVG and malwarebytes has helped my computer stay virus healthy for 3 years

Microsoft Security Essentials is highly recommended here.
I recommend ESET Smart Security.
I would avoid Macafee and Norton.

I'll go for Avast. Besides being able to use it for free, it came easily determine malware or site viruses. :)

You do realize that there are plenty of more things that can do just that. MSE can scan for malware as that is included in the Security Essentials part. There is also MBAM, Combofix, Microsoft Malicious Removal Tool among many more that can do it. All free to use. The MRT is free and gets downloaded automatically every month with your updates from Microsoft.

The Site Viruses, that is a common misunderstanding. It doesnt scan the sites at all, in fact you could have already been infected. In fact the only thing it does is use the Avast Site Advisory which is a user based generated tool to tell you if a site is safe or not.

It is the exact same thing as McAfee Site Advisor and WOT (Web of Trust). I would suggest WOT over Avast Site Advisor any day as WOT has been around for years and has had far more input into it than the Avast tool.

The only time Avast or any other AV will scan a file is when it is actually downloaded. It doesnt protect you from a Flash based infection which are very common now a days with how bad Adobe has dropped the ball with their products. This is why HTML5 needs to be commonly used by sites and why tools like Flash Blockers need to be used within Browsers.

Back
Top Bottom