whats the best anti virus software?

Mischa

Just Epic.
i have used norton before but using Avg was a lot quicker (Norton slowed down my computer too much).
Has anyone used BitDefender, looking at top 10 ratings for anti virus software on google, bitdefender is always near the top? Is there even much difference between all the different anti virus programmes?#

Is there any way to change the title of the thread, just realised i spelt 'the' wrong. :(

Thanks i will take a look

edit: huh, its free aswell. I may go with this (trying to save as much money as possible for parts)

I prefer ESET NOD32 above any other antivirus I have tried. Excellent detection rates and low resource consumption.

Basically there is no such thing as best. There is best for you. That means which ever one that you like that does the job you want. Picking and AV is like picking a car. They all have their own set of options and features. You must pick between these and find out which ones are important to you. There is no such thing as the best nor one that can do it all. These programs all work in conjunction with other programs. There is no such thing as an all in one. Not even the Security Suites cover everything.

So pick which one is right for you. Just cause MSE is voted on by most of us, doesnt mean that it will be right for you. All you have to do is take a look at our poll for Best AV and you will see that it is very diverse. Not everyone agrees on what is the best, cause it is what is best for us.

Tehre are about a half dozen programs that tend to perform well on various tests. Norton, Avast, Kaspersky, Bit Defender, F Secure and Avira seem to get top marks. The problem is that they flip flop in performance on various measures across the tests.

Others not so good. Microsoft Security Essentials is one of the mediocre ones, and it doesn't work well with other anti-virus software. Free Avast might do better.

Dora

Back
Top Bottom