Whats so great about FEAR??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was not to impressed with the gameplay either. I have much more fun playing the multi-player version of Pariah..I know no likes it..hey but Im simple..lol.

Nubius said:
how exactly are you running completely maxed when my system is more than likely more powerful than yours and I don't even run it maxed...well, primarily I left soft shadows off but I believe I did 1024x768 (monitors max is 1280x1024) with high details and I THINK 2x AA, but it's been a while since I played so I forgot most of it and even then it'd get bogged down.

My AMD64 is running 2.5GHz, my RAM is running DDR500 speeds, 1gb of it at 2.5-3-3-7-1T timings and my 6800GT is at 440/1175........well snap, you know what, I was running at like 420/1130 or something because I played it on my nf3 system...well hell I actually probably need to replay it because it'd be smoother on this system since it's nf4 and all...but still it's a rather intensive game and I don't see the 6600GT being able to handle it completely maxed...and when you say max resolution is that 1280x1024 for you or 1600?

Ok, i do run all games at max resolution (Fear 1280x960). Sorry, no, not everything on high, i tried that and it lagged pretty bad...but had effects and physics on high....others at medium, vol light off, vsync on...but I wasnt gettin high fps .....gettin like 30, but still very playable to me....i didnt see any in game aa option and no i didnt have it on through my video card...and that was my main complaint i guess, i have issues with the edges on certain things....otherwise the fire and characters and shell casing were pretty good...but like i said earlier i dont like the movability of the character...nor does it have a sprint, which is a huge deal for me in games like BF2 and HL2....

so i guess if i had a better video card i would enjoy this game more.

I experienced performance issues in F.E.A.R. demo when I tried it out with my SLI setup; there's obviously specific bug(s) with either the demo itself or issues with current versions of Forceware (tried 77.77, 78.01, and 78.05 btw): At max settings - 1280*1024, 4xAA, 16xAF, Soft Shadows ON, Vsync ON etc - when I load a checkpoint, I get 60 FPS+ - reload the checkpoint and the game drops to 30 FPS. Reload it again and I'm back to 60 FPS:confused: ...

Oh well, the retail release will hopefuly be optomised properly :).

Nubius said:
FEAR is way better than CoD2 that's for sure...CoD2 is slightly revamped graphics but EXACTLY the same gameplay.

Yeah its the same. Everything is basically scripted. FEAR AI is way better, so are the graphics and physics/fire fights.

yeah disapointing its the same engine, ive downloaded and played about 2 minutes of cod2...

Ok, i do run all games at max resolution (Fear 1280x960). Sorry, no, not everything on high, i tried that and it lagged pretty bad...but had effects and physics on high....others at medium, vol light off, vsync on...but I wasnt gettin high fps .....gettin like 30, but still very playable to me....i didnt see any in game aa option and no i didnt have it on through my video card...and that was my main complaint i guess, i have issues with the edges on certain things....otherwise the fire and characters and shell casing were pretty good...but like i said earlier i dont like the movability of the character...nor does it have a sprint, which is a huge deal for me in games like BF2 and HL2....

so i guess if i had a better video card i would enjoy this game more.
yeah it definitely has some bad jaggies without any AA, but I haven't played the demo in a while so I don't remember there being or not being the AA options in there...coulda sworn it was in there but I think it was different than just saying '2x, 4x' etc..

Didn't think about a no sprint, but honestly it feels about the same, it's only when he gets on ladders or if you do the jump kick crap that the movements go all weird since you don't see those in any other game.

FEAR is definitely one you gotta play on damn near maxed out graphics to enjoy...they are trying to make more use of DX9 and all....STALKER is SUPPOSED to do the same thing but god knows if we'll ever see that game.

Either way I'm looking forward to FEAR because theres nothing out right now....HL2 is overplayed for me, BF2 isn't that great plus I'm looking for a good single player game, COD2 is aright, but it's basically cod1 with better graphics and a COUPLE added new features, but overall MEH will be a good pass time and kill nazis game for sure

Yah your right, i guess a 6800gt is in the future for me and then FEAR will be better. I still have to play Farcry yet...

Meh? Havnet heard of it? Have you tried BF2 with a mic? Its much more fun when in constant verbal communication with your squad..if u have a headset lets play together nubius....

Meh? Havnet heard of it? Have you tried BF2 with a mic? Its much more fun when in constant verbal communication with your squad..if u have a headset lets play together nubius....
no headset, plus I don't take the game seriously enough to actually follow in with a squadron lol...I just run away and shoot

You don't have to take it seriously in order to be in a squad. Its actually a lot more fun when you are part or a squad, mic or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom