Whats a good stategy game? And is there any new ones coming out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dario03

Fully Optimized
Ok what are some stategy games that you guys like? Been playing Command and Conquer 3 forever now with my friends and we want to try something else now. Prefer modern - futuristic but any suggestions welcomed. Been considering Empire Total War, Sins of a Solar Empire, Supreme Commander, and World in Conflict. Which of those is best and is there any other good ones.

Also besides StarCraft 2 (which I'm starting to think doesn't even exist :( ) is there any new rts coming out that looks good?

Ok what are some stategy games that you guys like? Been playing Command and Conquer 3 forever now with my friends and we want to try something else now. Prefer modern - futuristic but any suggestions welcomed. Been considering Empire Total War, Sins of a Solar Empire, Supreme Commander, and World in Conflict. Which of those is best and is there any other good ones.

Also besides StarCraft 2 (which I'm starting to think doesn't even exist :( ) is there any new rts coming out that looks good?

the year of the RTS was 2007 where the most big RTS games came out. There aren't any pure RTS games coming out, dawn of war II as mentioned is more of a action/tactical/rpg kind of game, and Empire total war has a mix.

Starcraft 2 is taking so long because the development team is only 40 people based in Irvine California, and apparently Blizzard doesn't think Starcraft 2 will make much money so they don't invest much resources into it...

Sins of a Solar Empire is bleeping huge, but fun. Supreme Commander is a lot of fun as well. The latter has a much easier learning curve.

Startcraft II will be incredible, but that goes without saying. No idea when that puppy is coming out.

Might have to look at Sins Of The A Solar Empire some day.

My suggestions would
Dawn Of War II
Tom Clancy End War

I like to play Act of War-direct action. It is just insane. I also like to play rise of nations...yeah I do not have any of those new games.:(:eek:

Dawn of War II is not an rpg. It may seem somewhat similar to one when playing the campaign, but the multiplayer is entirely tactical rts play.

I recommend it. Imo, it is harder to play than traditional build and blob rts games like age of empires. Playing this game will make you think tactically and will improve your play for when you move on to different rts games in the future.

battleforge, demo=7 gigs, its alright, the demo will show you what its all about, I wouldnt buy it though cause I hate when people put stuff on my computer and then say "you cant access this without this code, which you have to buy from us" so I refuse to buy it. its like an RTS without a home base pretty much, also because resources are so limited, you get money back for selling units, as well as losing units. the graphics are awesome, although it felt a bit like Dawn of war 2. there are few structures you can use, and having no builders/resource gatherers makes the exploit part of the 4-EX games pretty non-existent. however in the waiting room you can summon however many monsters/spells from all of your decks, and enemies to test out your various stratagies, its pretty cool, but it could be better, all the AI does in that mode is charge straight at you. but it gives you a great idea of unit interaction, without going into a game feeling like a nublet. that is my take on Battleforge, not a true RTS, but pretty fun.

Dawn of war 2 is alright, but I want to wait for some expansions to come out, as you can only do the campaign as human at this point, and the thing I like about DoW is all the different races.

Sins is huge, and has 2 more expansions coming out, hopefully they will add a campaign mode soon, but its the best out there so far.

Starcraft 2 release date will be announced at Blizzcon this year, its most likely going to come out this year (they announced it before D3, and they said they have 1 major release for each of the next 4 years, including an unnamed new MMORPG) I will put my account on the line that SC2 comes out this year.

so yea, Id go with Sins of a Solar empire, unless your huge into campaign, also there are (a bit older) the Total war series, Medieval 2 is awesome, but I prefer Rome total war, can get it for 20$ (maybe 10).

also, World in Conflict looks pretty darn awesome, great graphics if you can handle it (from what Ive seen)

-Drew

Yeah I might try Sins again (played it before but was really busy with work and stuff so didn't get into it). I don't really care about the single player as long as theres enough of it to teach you how to play. Think I remember being one of the reasons I tried it because I hate starting a game and then having to quit or end up playing forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom