What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Ah, yeah. I meant full autonomy. E.g. remove the steering wheel entirely kind of level.

On those terms I'm pretty sure we're legislatively about 20 years away, barring any huge jumps in the technology that satisfy the legislature.

Last edited:

On those terms I'm pretty sure we legislatively about 20 years away, barring any huge jumps in the technology.
Yeah, it really sucks. The rate of improvement in Nvidias neural networking computation speeds is ridiculous. I think it's about 10x as fast now as it was a couple years back. Image recognition accuracy and speed is going to be ridiculously good in 10 years. I can't imagine self driving cars not being able to do anything really by that point. It's sad that legislation and infrastructure will really slow down self driving cars.

As I said, there are people who need them e.g. rural or non-connected areas. But *most* people don't live in rural areas, they live in/around cities. Most people get cars simply for the convenience, not because they can't live without them.

Aaand the more people that decide they need their own personal vehicle, the more traffic grows, and the commute time starts to grow. Even in a small 2mil city like Perth, the morning/evening traffic jams mean most people travelling via car will take far longer than via trains/buses, which is kinda ironic given that they all were trying to save time lol

Anyway :p I'll stop. Waiting for personal aircraft
I have a house in the city, and I've even lived closer to downtown areas before but none of the places I've lived have public transpo. You have to literally live in Downtown Dallas or Downtown Ft Worth to have access to a bus or a train :(

Trust me, if I didn't put miles on my car I'd be a happy camper. When my car broke down on Sunday it was embarrassing having my boss give me a ride.

Fitted my Michelin Pilot Super Sport tyres today.

SWEET JESUS THEY'RE GOOD! Now I can see why everyone from BMW M division to Ferrari and Bugatti fit them as their standard tire on ultra high performance cars. They're just ridiculously good.

Compared to my old tyres, they are sharper and more responsive when turning, and the car feels far more planted and safe when cornering. I thought my old tyres were good when it comes to cornering grip, but in the cold and wet today (13 celcius) these new Michelins just blew my old tyres away. They are just much better at absolutely everything. Quieter, comfier, more grip, more stability, more straight line traction, better braking qualities etc. And it's not like my previous tyres were cheap, they were still considered a premium high end tyre. I will never buy another tyre again if I can avoid it. Can't wait for a warm dry day to try them out on.

So, randomly decided to try obtaining credit through Conns as a last resort to slightly fix my credit score. Needed to buy a TV to replace one I broke, so I wound up walking out with a Samsung curved 4k 48".

Got a 2tb wd black since my Seagate died on me and lost all my por....I mean family photos.

Back
Top Bottom