What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Where'd you buy them from? I ordered some a loooong time ago and loved them. Now I don't look at my computer much... it's actually under my bed to save space :tongue:

Where'd you buy them from? I ordered some a loooong time ago and loved them. Now I don't look at my computer much... it's actually under my bed to save space :tongue:
Sanctum sleeving. There site is down but they have their work up on their fb page.

So stop buying junk for folding and save up for a decent PC :p

OK I'm going to have to explain my self hear. I don't have the latest and greatest of i7s or Titans running because I enjoy playing with older hardware. I can set up a network of older PC's running legit copy's of windows for just a few hundred pounds and so its more a of a hobby. I don't work in the PC industry and I have never had a job in the PC or Tech industry.

At the minute I currently have 8 System connected to my SOHO network fah 24\7 with a half decent turn around and thats only because I don't pay electric despite having my own property.

I am a security enthusiast who as well as loving the building \ maintenance \ refurbishment, I also enjoy buying equipment as not too expensive to add, dismantle, build, refurbish, and use.

I post a lot of whats interesting to me and if others follow, enjoy the same; fair game.

If anything its a serious hobby, to the point of a borderline obsession potentially unhealthy one so be it too. I could save for 6 Moths and blow every F***** on hear out the water with a system that would eat most alive. Say I went without any research on the topic, a high end server or mid range even with my income and extra money I could have coming in if I wanted it too. I mean rite PP if I scraped every penny \ cent together for say 6 months or even better 12 moths I could easily have at least 7 G's to spend

I don't however because thats just on one system. i would rather have a good up to date relatively speaking half decent network I can mow over and tinker and tailor with; upgrades, maintenance ECT:

I would have to save but I don't as well for another reason because I can't be a****. Its effort, time, and impatience.

OK I'm going to have to explain my self hear. I don't have the latest and greatest of i7s or Titans running because I enjoy playing with older hardware. I can set up a network of older PC's running legit copy's of windows for just a few hundred pounds and so its more a of a hobby. I don't work in the PC industry and I have never had a job in the PC or Tech industry.

At the minute I currently have 8 System connected to my SOHO network fah 24\7 with a half decent turn around and thats only because I don't pay electric despite having my own property.

I am a security enthusiast who as well as loving the building \ maintenance \ refurbishment, I also enjoy buying equipment as not too expensive to add, dismantle, build, refurbish, and use.

I post a lot of whats interesting to me and if others follow, enjoy the same; fair game.

If anything its a serious hobby, to the point of a borderline obsession potentially unhealthy one so be it too. I could save for 6 Moths and blow every F***** on hear out the water with a system that would eat most alive. Say I went without any research on the topic, a high end server or mid range even with my income and extra money I could have coming in if I wanted it too. I mean rite PP if I scraped every penny \ cent together for say 6 months or even better 12 moths I could easily have at least 7 G's to spend

I don't however because thats just on one system. i would rather have a good up to date relatively speaking half decent network I can mow over and tinker and tailor with; upgrades, maintenance ECT:

I would have to save but I don't as well for another reason because I can't be a****. Its effort, time, and impatience.
I was speaking more in terms of folding performance, rather than having the latest and greatest. I mean, it doesn't take 7 grand to buy yourself a single 980 that can probably outdo all 7 or 8 machines you have going.

You don't have to preach to me about tinkering with old hardware. I've wasted money on my old 98 box, and currently running my old circa 2009 940BE instead of my i7.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom