What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

I was going to but I'm lazy rofl. Figured it was worth the 25 bucks for the base set, we'll get a lot of use out of them.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using TechForums

My girlfriend cut out the set we printed out lol. Was $10 for us to get it printed at Walmart, and then bought a little case for the cards.

a 4TB internal drive and a wireless keyboard and mouse

Yeah :tongue:
Amazon.com: Seagate Desktop HDD 4 TB SATA 6Gb/s NCQ 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive ST4000DM000: Computers & Accessories

Right now it's split 1/1/2TB -- 1TB to the Windows installation, 1 to TV shows, and 2 to HD movies.

I moved my MC server into the living room as a media center for my parents... Not as easy to use as the PS3 even with XMBC or WMC, but I can play games on it now. Impressive little machine, plays games way better than I had expected (Company of Heroes, CS:GO, etc, nothing too new yet)

Today I bought breakfast: A cup of coffee, biscuits and gravy, hash browns, and two fried eggs.

Yeah :tongue:
Amazon.com: Seagate Desktop HDD 4 TB SATA 6Gb/s NCQ 64MB Cache 3.5-Inch Internal Bare Drive ST4000DM000: Computers & Accessories

Right now it's split 1/1/2TB -- 1TB to the Windows installation, 1 to TV shows, and 2 to HD movies.

I moved my MC server into the living room as a media center for my parents... Not as easy to use as the PS3 even with XMBC or WMC, but I can play games on it now. Impressive little machine, plays games way better than I had expected (Company of Heroes, CS:GO, etc, nothing too new yet)

Today I bought breakfast: A cup of coffee, biscuits and gravy, hash browns, and two fried eggs.

I still make do with about 600GB of space. I have 1TB external but havnt used it in months.

I don't really aquire TV and films any more, I just stream. Would prefer to pay a small monthly fee for netflix or Apple TV than wait 12 hours for a HD version to download of every film I think looks good. If I want to watch something, I want to watch it right away.. not once it's downloaded.

I'd probably download much more if I had 30Mbps+, instead of 2Mbps. As of now it's reserved purely to software and games off Steam.

When I had 1.5Mb internet in Venus I still downloaded HD copies. I don't mind waiting, because if I didn't I wouldn't watch it otherwise.

I'd probably download much more if I had 30Mbps+, instead of 2Mbps. As of now it's reserved purely to software and games off Steam.

I have exactly that.. a 30mbps connection :tongue: I'm a digital hoarder. I always transfer them over to my external 3TB so I can take them with me when I go anywhere. My desktop is split in an odd way...

Linux Mint
30GB on my SSD for the install
500GB on my data drive (1TB) for installs and files and whatnot

Windows
the rest of my SSD for the install (~90GB)
500GB on my data drive for installs, etc

the rest of my files lie on one of three drives...

one 1.5TB for backups (documents, Steam, movies, music, pictures, programs, you name it)
one 1.5TB for HD movies
one 1.0TB for TV shows

on my server:
one 1TB for data
one 64GB SSD for Linux Mint install
one 1TB for TV shows
one 2.0TB for movies and HD movies

on my laptop... the entire thing is dedicated to OSX but thinking about installing LM on it too (As you can tell I'm a LInux Mint fan :tongue:). And the 3TB drive has my entire backup drive from my desktop, TV shows, and movies.

And a 64GB, 32GB, and 4GB memory stick...
64 dedicated to data (file backups, file copying, etc)
32 as a dedicated Windows install drive with various programs I'll need after a fresh install
and a 4GB as a dedicated Linux Mint install drive.

So in my desktop I have a 128GB SSD, 2x1TB drives, 2x1.5TB drives
in my server I have a 64GB SSD and a 4TB HDD (1/1/2TB)
for my laptop I have the 128GB SSD and a 3TB external
and on my keychain, a 64GB, 32GB, and 4GB memory stick.

My next purchase: Kingston's 1TB USB 3.0 thumbdrive will probably cost as much as a car (Wired UK)
I need help

Back
Top Bottom