What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Thanks for letting me know about it, I cancelled and ordered the 1500's :) (already repped).

Realized (the day before moving) that I'd need a WiFi card for my desktop since I'm upstairs in the new place and I doubt they'll let me run CAT5 through the house. So, bought this card
TP-Link TL-WN781ND 150Mbps Wireless PCI Express Adapter: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories
And this antenna since it's more powerful the the standard (detachable) one.
TP-Link TL-ANT2405C 2.4GHz 5dbi Indoor Omni-Directional Antenna: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

TP-Link is a pretty good brand. I use a USB adapter for WiFi from them and it has worked flawlessly so far.

I like to buy things overkill, it gives me peace of mind that there's no bottlenecks or similar issues (i.e. the speed and reliability is always there if I need it). This is the exact opposite of my mother, who buys the absolute cheapest thing, and if (when) it doesn't work, she just says 'oh well, it was only a pound'.

I got mine cause I like netgear and it was the best wifi dongle I can get locally. most of the cheap ones were generic crap that had bad reviews.

There's very few stores in the UK where you can buy this sort of stuff, at a price with less than 500% markup anyway

From the Steam Sale I bought 2 copies of Dungeon Defenders and DLC and Sanctum and DLC (For me and friend). I then bought all thread 1/4"-20 bolt some wing nuts, gopro tripod mount and epoxy. (Going to make a nice handle out of an old ski pole for my GoPro.) TransWorld Snowboarding Photo Annual. And a new snowboard. Bataleon Whatever.. SOO SICK!

Next on the list is a speedlite and Rokinon 8mm Fisheye.

^I forgots I bought all the steam stuff lol.

2 copies of brink, 2 copies of sanctum with dlc, 2 copes of graw2 (for the coop), and lost: Via Domus, because i liked the tv show.

Back
Top Bottom