What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

Its sad..... cause I will only replace my current laptop with another 18.4" acer like it is now. I guess not having to hike it around really inflence me.

Dream Theater's latest CD, "A Dramatic Turn Of Events", and my next purchase this week, a Line 6 Spider IV 75W guitar amp. :D

Oh if we are talking moneys no object i'd get a 13" MacBook Air and put Win 7 on it.

If they are both running Windows the Asus is by far the better system. It's faster, has noticeably better battery life, a considerably faster SSD, higher res screen, and good price. The MBA 13 closes the gap some if you use OSX though since that greatly improves the battery life and of course you can't get OSX on the Asus so if you need that it's obviously a plus.

I'm glad to see other companies offering MBA like laptops though, the only problem I ever had with the 13" Air was the price and the poor battery life under Windows and these Ultrabooks at least address the second issue.

You probably could get OSX running on the Asus, actually, seeing how similar the specs are. Unofficially, ofc.

If they are both running Windows the Asus is by far the better system. It's faster, has noticeably better battery life, a considerably faster SSD, higher res screen, and good price. The MBA 13 closes the gap some if you use OSX though since that greatly improves the battery life and of course you can't get OSX on the Asus so if you need that it's obviously a plus.

But it's kinda ugly.

The design is almost the same, yeah the texture is different but it at least looks like it would hold up better than what apple uses.

I know it's similar, but honestly there is just something that looks a little odd in comparison to the MBA design.

In other news...OH GOD, ITS BOOTIFUL.

nokian9review01-1319276877.jpg

nokian9review04-1319278100.jpg

For the first time in ages, i can confidently say Apples designs for it's IP4, atleast IMO, has been bettered by a competitor.

There are several designs I like better than the iPhone but the N9 isn't one of them. Now the Droid RAZR on the other hand, that is a sexy phone. Plus Kevlar fiber and stainless steel is much nicer than the polycarbonate body Nokia uses.

The Droid RAZR looks like most other android phones to me. Odd bulge where the camera is, large unsightly flaps for what are presumably connectors underneath. Large "Motorola" branding at the top, carrier branding closer to the bottom.

I eagerly await the IP5 design..

Back
Top Bottom