What You've Just Bought!

Re: Tech-forums Official What You've just Bought thread!

That would be a huge change...for $550 I could buy myself a 37" LCD TV. Trying to play PS3 on a 20" rear projection is painful. I won't even subject myself to it any more.

Whats wrong with rear projection? My 67" samsung rear projection LCD begs to differ.

That would be a huge change...for $550 I could buy myself a 37" LCD TV. Trying to play PS3 on a 20" rear projection is painful. I won't even subject myself to it any more.
I don't think they make rear projection tvs that small. Do you mean a tube tv?

Whats wrong with rear projection? My 67" samsung rear projection LCD begs to differ.

Nothing is wrong with them. But since I live in an apartment with a small living room, it's nice to try and have as much extra room in it as possible, so a flat panel LCD would be nicer in that case. I was mostly talking about playing PS3 on a 20" screen from my couch...which doesn't bring on the greatest gaming experience.

I guess so. I didn't know there were different names, I just know that the width of the screen is smaller than the length of the TV:p

Ya, after i reread it, i was kind of :confused: myself. Most, if not all, old 20" tvs are CRT. You usually dont get into rear projection until the 40+ range. It also seems that rear projection is going the way of the dodo these days. I went to best buy last weekend and all they had was lcd/plasmas.

As far as apt living goes, i live in a 600sqft 1bedroom apt and it just makes the tv look that much bigger :p

I don't even think it's that old. It's a 20" samsung "slim fit" flat screen. I am just saying size matters.

Well I got a stainless 4 blade prop, and now I'm probably going to be getting a wakeboard in the next few weeks. Any recommendations on where to look Nag? I'm a beginner, so I don't need anything crazy.

Also, I'm going to be getting my brother's Ronix in a few weeks since he's in Iraq. So, I might just get bindings that fit for that, and use that for this year and get a new one in the off season or something. Either way, any recommendations would be great.

most of my boards i have bought off ebay. search for "evogear" or "the closeout dude", he usually has sick deals. the good deals are usually the previous season's boards, but you get them for like 1/3 of the price as buying current season. "the house" or "barts" are two good places, but retail prices. as far as new boards, i am a liquid force rider, so i stick with their boards and bindings. the new watson F.L.Y. i just got is ABSOLUTELY PERFECT. although i have been looking at buying some bonifay closed toe ronix boots. if you are in the market for a beginner/intemediate board i would suggest a liquid force omega. it is the board i built my riding on and an EXCELLENT learner board. the alpha boots are good too, they just came out with a closed toe model that i am dying to try. the omega/alpha is not the most expensive setup, or the "pro" models (but LF's ben greenwood ROCKS the omega), but they are by far the most comfortable binding i have had. and i have some watson OT pros and i like the alphas quite a bit better, they just dont have enough support for all my landings. so if you are in the market for only bindings, look into those alphas, OT or CT.

What do you think of the Gator Coupe bindings? I can get free shipping at wakeside.com, so overall it's cheaper. I've got it set up with the Liquid Force Omega 143 and Gator Coupe Bindings, for a grand total of $320. I have to pay tax since I'm in MN :(. I just may be pulling the trigger on this very soon. Or is it better for $17 more to get the Alpha boots?

Sorry for the double post, but I couldn't wait any longer. I got the itch and I just had to scratch it. Here's what I just ordered;

Attachments

• liquid force omega wakeboard 143.jpg
    liquid force omega wakeboard 143.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 54
  • gator coupe bindings.jpg
    gator coupe bindings.jpg
    18.8 KB · Views: 55

Resident Evil Umbrella Chronicles for Wii
Planet Terror on DVD

Back
Top Bottom