What You've Just Bought!

Re: The What You've just Bought thread!

That's what me and my freinds were going to do last night. I was going to pick up a NES at a local store called Video Game Exchange that sells video games from NES games all the way up through the current generation games. When I went there last Wednesday they had a used one in stock and I was going to get it last night but they sold it so I ended up buying Zelda Ocarina Of Time Collectors Edition for $30 and my friends and I fooled around with that for a while.

I think that I'm going to start collecting old games/consoles now.

i assessed that i don't need an ipod touch, so i sold it and got me a trusty blue 4gb sansa fuze while making a nice profit.

also got me one of these when they were $159.99, so i can finally watch some tv in my dorm when i go back.
Newegg.com - Acer M200A 20" 1600x900 WideScreen LCD monitor w/TV Tuner 300cd/m2 1000:1

also managed to get some used parts for pretty good prices to upgrade my rig.

I have not heard personally of a Slim dieing. I have one, and it barely gets warm even sitting on top of my Elite.

I'm just speaking with personal experience with all 3 systems and I really think the Kinect is quite the gizmo. (Not simply because my gf sells the device)

I gotcha, I wasn't questioning that it was based on your experience. ;) Just mentioning mine.

While the Slim does run a lot better from what I've heard myself, I don't feel like I should really have to buy a new replacement system that does pretty much the same thing as my current Xbox because of the massive failure rate of the old models...I mean, the original Xbox 360 models that were affected basically spanned the first 5 years of its history as a console. That's just irresponsible.

So I'm basically of the frame of mind: if my xbox dies, oh well. Microsoft wanted nothing to do with it even with the 3 RROD because it had been opened previously to try to fix the problem they themselves created. I'm happy with my PS3, and while the move software might not be as nice, I still can't justify the cost for the return I get right now based on my previous statements.

...I DO really want to try it though. I may find someone that has it. Sorry for my little rant about M$, lol.

An Arduino!! Its gonna be awesome.....but I'm having trouble coming up with a good project! If any of you guys can help me come up with one ill document it and post it back :)

Visit hackaday, there are some mindblowingly awesome projects on there. Pretty much 90% of them feature an Arduino lol

My brother and I went shopping today with his birthday money and we got him some gear for his machinima projects:

View attachment 4608
Newegg.com - Pinnacle Dazzle DVD Recorder Plus 82303000101 USB 2.0 Interface
along with some adapters and an RCA cable.

He also got one of these for $15 from our local Fry's cuz his stock cooler was so loud
35-103-074-TS

Newegg.com - COOLER MASTER RR-H101-22FK-RI 80mm Long life sleeve bearing CPU Cooler

He also bought me an early birthday gift... :thumbsup:

View attachment 4609
Newegg.com - RAZER Kabuto Mobile Gaming Mouse Mat

Attachments

• dazzledvdrecorderplus.jpg
    dazzledvdrecorderplus.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 90
  • 26-999-062-10.jpg
    26-999-062-10.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 90

Cowboy boots and a cowboy hat. Let the jokes fly.

I gotcha, I wasn't questioning that it was based on your experience. ;) Just mentioning mine.

While the Slim does run a lot better from what I've heard myself, I don't feel like I should really have to buy a new replacement system that does pretty much the same thing as my current Xbox because of the massive failure rate of the old models...I mean, the original Xbox 360 models that were affected basically spanned the first 5 years of its history as a console. That's just irresponsible.

So I'm basically of the frame of mind: if my xbox dies, oh well. Microsoft wanted nothing to do with it even with the 3 RROD because it had been opened previously to try to fix the problem they themselves created. I'm happy with my PS3, and while the move software might not be as nice, I still can't justify the cost for the return I get right now based on my previous statements.

...I DO really want to try it though. I may find someone that has it. Sorry for my little rant about M$, lol.

Wait I don't understand. Are you saying you have an original Xbox and think the 360 is the same? Or saying you don't want to buy a Slim cause you think the Kinect can't run on the older model 360s? The Kinect can run on any 360 console. The older models where replaced with the newer (arcade, pro) models with the newer chips to fix the rrod problem. Almost none of the Elites had that problem. I have an Elite and a Slim and they both run perfectly fine.

Back
Top Bottom