What You've Just Bought!

Y'all are disgusting :p

You live in a hot country so have probably never had bad hands in your entire life lol. When you go out day after day after day when it's freezing dry air, it ****ing destroys your hands if you're someone who is sensitive to that kind of thing. Some people seem to not suffer at all, tbh I used to be one of those people. But past 3 or so years my hands look like they've taken 50 years of abuse. They are literally scarred in places they got so bad. But mine is also partially Eczema, the cold conditions just compound it.

1+ on that O'Keeffe's hand creme, in the cold the ends of my fingers/thumbs split open and that hurts. O'Keeffe's heals them right up

Yeah had that before, that **** is extremely sore.

Last edited:
I have eczema so I get the cracked skin stuff, by gross I was talking about hacking bits of your feet off lol, esp with a damn cheese grater of all things xD argh remind me to never eat any cheese if I ever visit.

I have eczema so I get the cracked skin stuff, by gross I was talking about hacking bits of your feet off lol, esp with a damn cheese grater of all things xD argh remind me to never eat any cheese if I ever visit.

Loooool.

It seems like everyone has Eczema these days. About time they cured that **** surely... it's such a damn PITA. Almost every single night I wake up with insane itchy hands.

You should see the photos on the Amazon reviews.

I don't have that, but I too suffer from extremely dry hands in dry conditions. If my house isn't over 40% humidity level all I need to do is to wash my hands once in the winter and you start to see the ashiness around my knuckles. If I don't lotion up before bed the next day it'll crack and bleed. I get those tiny microfissures around my knuckles that bleed and look like paper cuts.

My knuckles are fine cause I have to do my pushups on them instead of flat hands thanks to my broken wrist -_- always looks like I've been in a major punchup :p knuckles are bruised and calloused as hell.

My face on the other hand...nothing better than walking around at 27 with two huge red stripes running either side of your nose, and recently it's spread to nearly my whole right hand lower jaw/neck too.
Getting water on it *at all* makes it instantly worse. I've found two things that help; cortisone cream (which every doctor ever has told me is a terrible idea long term) and swimming in the ocean. If I go a few days without either of the above, I break out and it takes a few more days to get back under control (the first day of which goes EVEN worse for a while). I absolutely hate this ****.

You should see the photos on the Amazon reviews.

Linkstayingblue.jpg
I've seen some plenty disgusting ****, not gonna need the mental image of holding a foot over my spaghetti next time I'm grating :grin: mmmmm parmesan

edit: oh yeah! Staying on topic, I bought some legit Parmigiano Reggiano recently to check it out. Mayne. Took some adjustment cause it's a plenty strong flavor, but it's amazing! Even has these little crystaly ball bits in it (apparently milk crystals?) that crunch when you get them. I can see why it's so popular.

Last edited:
My knuckles are fine cause I have to do my pushups on them instead of flat hands thanks to my broken wrist -_- always looks like I've been in a major punchup :p knuckles are bruised and calloused as hell.

My face on the other hand...nothing better than walking around at 27 with two huge red stripes running either side of your nose, and recently it's spread to nearly my whole right hand lower jaw/neck too.
Getting water on it *at all* makes it instantly worse. I've found two things that help; cortisone cream (which every doctor ever has told me is a terrible idea long term) and swimming in the ocean. If I go a few days without either of the above, I break out and it takes a few more days to get back under control (the first day of which goes EVEN worse for a while). I absolutely hate this ****.

Linkstayingblue.jpg
I've seen some plenty disgusting ****, not gonna need the mental image of holding a foot over my spaghetti next time I'm grating :grin: mmmmm parmesan

edit: oh yeah! Staying on topic, I bought some legit Parmigiano Reggiano recently to check it out. Mayne. Took some adjustment cause it's a plenty strong flavor, but it's amazing! Even has these little crystaly ball bits in it (apparently milk crystals?) that crunch when you get them. I can see why it's so popular.

They sell the real Parmigiano Reggiano in basically every supermarket here, is it not common in Aus ?

I mean yeah it's not hard to get, but it's pricey to get the proper cut-from-a-wheel fire branded rind #legit piece lol so I've never bothered, mostly because the smell of the stuff we usually got was GOD awful like feet or something
$_35.JPG

Bought some rafters today for my back patio build, everything's finally ready to start :D right now it's just dirt with a scattering of dead grass on top, soon it's gonna be 30sqm of nice shaded decking

I mean yeah it's not hard to get, but it's pricey to get the proper cut-from-a-wheel fire branded rind #legit piece lol so I've never bothered, mostly because the smell of the stuff we usually got was GOD awful like feet or something
$_35.JPG

Bought some rafters today for my back patio build, everything's finally ready to start :D right now it's just dirt with a scattering of dead grass on top, soon it's gonna be 30sqm of nice shaded decking

Slight tangent but this food convo reminds me. I went skiing with my friend to France last week. He has helicopter parents that do everything for him and so had no idea about almost everything.

I made some spaghetti bolognese and put salt in it. He didn't understand why I put salt in it. His words were "But bolognese is tomato flavour not salt flavour, so why would you add salt". wot. I told him that you use salt to season almost everything. Burgers, fries, pies, etc. He laughed and thought I was stupid.

That entire holiday actually made me flip my lid, it was like being with a toddler the entire time. He didnt really know how to do anything, it was quite tragic.

$_35.JPG

MMMM......I just love cellulose wood pulp on my sketti!
Following the FDA's findings, Bloomberg investigated other store-bought grated parmesan and discovered high percentages of cellulose – essentially powdered wood pulp and the main ingredient in paper – in four different brands.
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2016/feb/17/parmesan-cheese-store-bought-wood-pulp

Back
Top Bottom