What TV or Monitor do you use for your gaming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skitzo385

In Runtime
Ok sooo..

I have been using a 28" 720p 60hz(i think) vizio for the past several years. It is getting old and I am ready to upgrade to a full 1080p tv. I sit about 5-8' from the TV and am directly in front of it. I primarily play my 360 but also have a ps3 for the blu-ray and such..

I am wondering if I should go LCD or LED-LCD and really what size, I am thinking 32" or 37" because of the distance I am from the TV(I can not get more then 8' from the TV).

Wondering what you guys use and what you all suggest.

Thanks

Edit: I do not really care about speaker quality because when using my 360 I use my Turtle Beach and will be using my stereo when watching tv/movies.

Edit 2: Found this one and it is what I am leaning towards.. http://www.bestbuy.com/site/LG+-+37...HDTV/9791095.p?id=1218175545291&skuId=9791095

Re: Best TV for consoule gaming?

I've found that I like to use my 21.5" 1080P computer monitor for gaming because generally the refresh rate is higher and I find the picture quality to be higher.

As for TV's IMO Samsung and LG make the best LCD TV's.

32"-37" is a great size choice for that distance. I would go with a LED TV. So pretty much the one you chose is fantastic.

This close to Black Friday you might want to consider looking for deals at some local stores. That is if you are willing to get up early and go to the store and wait in line.
I'm sure that LG would be great. LG makes a good tv. A couple of other brands I like are Samsung, Sony, Toshiba and Panasonic. However you could probably go a little bigger if you wanted from that viewing distance and still be comfortable. A 40" or 42" would probably good or even maybe a 46". Probably wouldn't want to go to much bigger than that though. Just opens up some more options if you want go a little bigger. And in the end it comes down to finding something in your price range.

Thanks for the input guys. I am going today to look at best buy at a few of them and I am really interested in this one:

LG - 42" Class / 1080p / 120Hz / LED-LCD HDTV - 42LE5400

It has a higher dynamic contrast ratio and is larger. I am hoping they have one that I can look at on the wall and I will make my decision then.

Oh and as for black friday.. I would rather pay regular price rather then wait in line all night to MAYBE get what you are wanting. Last year down here people where camped out the day before!...

With how close your going to be you dont want to go over 37". That 42" will be to big for what your doing and how far away you are. I use a 32" LED for my gaming needs and it is perfect. I sit about 6' away while gaming. So really a 37" might even be to large.

Remember bigger isnt better when your only a body length away.

Yea I was thinking the same thing mak. I am just going to check them out at Best Buy. I would just go with the 37" but the sale price is under 899 which would allow me to just get it with no interest for 36 months.. Who knows..

Thanks for the input guys. If I dont talk myself out of it all together I will let you all know what I got and how it is doing!

I guess maybe it's just a personal preference thing. I just put a chair 5' from my 40" tv and played xbox for awhile and it was fine. Definitely go check it out at Best Buy. You'll never know what you'll like and be comfortable with without seeing it for yourself.
I just suggested maybe looking at larger tvs because there are more 1080p tvs to look at in the larger tvs than in the 32" or 37" range, giving you more options and maybe a better chance at finding a good deal.

That maybe true when it comes to LCD HDTV's but not LED HDTV's. I have a 32" LED HDTV with full 1080P, 2,000,000 -1 Contrast Ratio and 2ms response time. That is far better than any 40" or 42" LCD that i have seen. Heck even some of the 46" LED's i have seen dont have those kinda specs.

While it is true that it is a personal preference thing, but when i have to stand within 5' of the display TV's at work they are just to large when looking at the 40" and above. Your used to having that size TV also.

Try living with a 28" and then jumping to a 40". I bet you will think that it is to large as well. I went from a 27" SDTV to a 32" LED and that feels like a massive jump. So it also has to do with what you have now and going to. I am sure that he could get a 40" or 42" and after a couple of days not notice it. But at first he will be over whelmed by the size.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom