What is the roll of a teacher? (programming class)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^hmmm, i retrack my previous post, this guy is worse then my coding teacher, he is just flat out vague on purpose. When you ask him a question on the question, he should answer it. Especially if that question is merely what do i need to do for this question lol.

I can help you out with your C# as well, so yeah feel free to make a thread if you've got questions.

I had a teacher EXACTLY like this in my college when I was learning Assembly language. He'd give you the assignments, and if you got stuck on how to do something (e.g. the formula for a delay routine of a specific time length) he'd just say "you have to use logic to figure it out" and none of use even had a clue how the language worked yet so we couldn't do squat.
It was like having never heard of multiplication and someone asking you to write a formula for a quadratic equation. Completely impossible.

In the end we got a free 10 week course to try and pass again (which I did! yay lol, got a different teacher. MUCH better)

Thanks for the feedback. kmote I will post up what I have so far but I haven't even got to making my class yet. I'm stuck on getting my comboBoxes to work right. I've never done them before an I am confused! They work about half way.

I might just go back to radiobuttons since I know those now... :(

It's so hard trying to learn this on your own...I almost want to drop this and just do my java class but I already paid for this class....

no worries thanks for the offer. I'm not going to waste time on this assignment by trying to learn something new. Just going to use radiobuttons and be done with it. I'm getting behind any way so I need to finish up this assignment tonight if I can.

If I wasn't so eager to learn C# I would drop my class. Here is two emails, one from my java teacher and one from my C# teacher. This is a prime example of how difficult this teacher is.

Ok email #1 from my java teacher. I had a question about the logic in the assignment. Her response:

Email #2 from my C# teacher. I had asked a question about his assignment because it was very vague.

Really? So basically all he did was state I need to read the direction again. Sorry but creating a class doesn't explain what the app should do. At least to me it doesn't as a beginner. To my understanding a class is something you create and you can use that class for many different apps you create in the future.

So then he sends out another email to the group stating that the next assignment will move back the due date because he wants to make sure the details of the assignment are clear. Why you ask? And he states:

So basically he is admitting that when he outlines an assignment it's obviously not clear to many students what he is asking. Yet he still doesn't explain it in the email he sent directly to me?? I almost feel like he is on a power trip and can't just understand that some times he needs to be more clear.

The be honest his resposne to you doesnt makle much sense.

Like he is trying to make himself sound like he knows what he is talking about. Im a very straightforward person and that doesnt fly with me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom