What is the best software to make an image of my operating system for back up purpose

Status
Not open for further replies.

soarwitheagles

Lookin' for higher ground
Hi all!

I am kind of tired of reformatting and then re-downloading all the software and reloading all the applications and programs. I am starting to dislike the reformat, re-install, something go wrong, reformat, re-install circle. Example: each time I reinstall Windows 7 it wants hours of updates. So does Office 2007 Ultimate!

Can someone tell me [give me a step-by-step written instruction] what is the best way to make an image of it all so I can simply reinstall OS, drivers, and programs?

Example: is the Windows 7 backup the best? Or is there a Windows 7 image maker or whatever?

Is there a third party software that is better?

Also, I like to place my Windows 7 on one partition and most of the programs on another...what would be the best way to make an image of BOTH, so that in the event of hardware failure, virus, etc. I can simply reload everything again without downloading and reinstalling everything all over again.

Please give me some expert advice if you can.

I would greatly appreciate any and all accurate information in this area.

Thanks,

Soar

Re: What is the best software to make an image of my operating system for back up pur

win. 7
control panel
back up and restore
create system image (top left side )
pick drive where you want the image copied too

good luck

Hi all!

I am kind of tired of reformatting and then re-downloading all the software and reloading all the applications and programs. I am starting to dislike the reformat, re-install, something go wrong, reformat, re-install circle. Example: each time I reinstall Windows 7 it wants hours of updates. So does Office 2007 Ultimate!

Can someone tell me [give me a step-by-step written instruction] what is the best way to make an image of it all so I can simply reinstall OS, drivers, and programs?

Example: is the Windows 7 backup the best? Or is there a Windows 7 image maker or whatever?

Is there a third party software that is better?

Also, I like to place my Windows 7 on one partition and most of the programs on another...what would be the best way to make an image of BOTH, so that in the event of hardware failure, virus, etc. I can simply reload everything again without downloading and reinstalling everything all over again.

Please give me some expert advice if you can.

I would greatly appreciate any and all accurate information in this area.

Thanks,

Soar

Re: What is the best software to make an image of my operating system for back up pur

I haven't used Windows 7 but maybe there is a way to get the updates into installable files which you can burn on DVD or something, so you don't have to download them again every time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom