What Is Harder, JavaScript Or PHP?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Torner

Beta member
Hey all,

Maybe seems like an odd question to ask but the reason I ask is because I am learning JavaScript which I find fairly hard to pick up and I am going to start learning PHP soon and so I wondered if I am going to find it easier or harder than JavaScript?

Javascript and PHP syntax is very similar. Though, I find Javascript is much more strict than PHP is.

I agree with CrazeD, Javascript being much more strict then PHP but if you find javascript hard to pick up... do some small things in PHP... such things as connecting to a mysql database. You get use to how it works very fast. Then tackle javascript. I started with javascript first... so I really hate php... javascript all the way!

I agree with CrazeD, Javascript being much more strict then PHP but if you find javascript hard to pick up... do some small things in PHP... such things as connecting to a mysql database. You get use to how it works very fast. Then tackle javascript. I started with javascript first... so I really hate php... javascript all the way!

Haha, I'm the opposite. I started with PHP and hate Javascript. :p

I'd have more motivation to learn Javascript if I found it useful, but for what I do it's rarely of use to me. I can just Google what I need and be done with it.

comparing javascript and PHP is like comparing orange to apple. Javascript is client side, it means it works on the browser. Whereas PHP is server side, it is responsible to creating web page dynamically.

If you want to become a web developer, then you should learn both to deliver good contents. With AJAX everywhere you must know javascript and a server side language, may be PHP.

comparing javascript and PHP is like comparing orange to apple. Javascript is client side, it means it works on the browser. Whereas PHP is server side, it is responsible to creating web page dynamically.

If you want to become a web developer, then you should learn both to deliver good contents. With AJAX everywhere you must know javascript and a server side language, may be PHP.

Yes but if you're comparing the difficulty of the syntax, it's pretty even (except PHP is more forgiving).

The syntax and rules are nearly identical for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom