What are you playing now?

So you could level your crap up without the enemies leveling up.

I partially agree with you on Oblivion but Skyrim is a bit different.

if you boost then your just ruining it for yourself by boosting. Yeah you level up but so do the enemies. If you decide to boost so much that there arent any enemies that are hard to kill then you are just wasting your own money by buying a game you are going to find loopholes for to complete it easily. The whole point of buying the game is too have fun and make it a challenge, not race through it in the most boring way possible.

If you don't bother leveling up then you don't get all the perks etc. you would from levelling up so the game isnt as fun and becomes less challenging. by purposefully not levelling up so the enemies don't means your making the game boring? why do you want to be so op compared to them and only go through the game using novice spells etc? You may aswell play on novice if you are going to try and make the game easy

It is very hard for me to put effort into doing something one way when I know there is a better way. If they can't remove the loophole, it ruins for me.

I am now level 13 on Oblivion and there is no doubt that the "enemy" levels up more than I do. It used to take 3 bow shots to kill a troll now it takes 5-6. Really!? what is up with that- I level up and have a better bow with better arrows, but now it is more work to kill basic enemies. I understand that is necessary to improve the enemies as the game progresses, but I think it is more like "unleveling" when I level up- rather than "leveling =up". They should allow for different enemies that are harder, rather than the same enemy that all of a sudden gets stronger,faster and harder to kill. Maybe make it a mountain troll or some other name that would allow for its more "difficult to kill" nature. Anybody play the "Sentient weapon mod"- I cant find Darkhaven in Sampson's quest. Help would be appreciated.

I played on the hardest difficulty but my stats were always high. In these kind of games I just go running around a lot before doing anything causing everything to level up quickly.

I am now level 13 on Oblivion and there is no doubt that the "enemy" levels up more than I do. It used to take 3 bow shots to kill a troll now it takes 5-6. Really!? what is up with that- I level up and have a better bow with better arrows, but now it is more work to kill basic enemies. I understand that is necessary to improve the enemies as the game progresses, but I think it is more like "unleveling" when I level up- rather than "leveling =up". They should allow for different enemies that are harder, rather than the same enemy that all of a sudden gets stronger,faster and harder to kill. Maybe make it a mountain troll or some other name that would allow for its more "difficult to kill" nature. Anybody play the "Sentient weapon mod"- I cant find Darkhaven in Sampson's quest. Help would be appreciated.

That's what's so dumb about that game.

I have most of these on, some of them change the way the enemies level so not everything will be levelling up. Characters that should be weak remain weaker.

Ten essential Oblivion mods | PC Gamer

I played on the hardest difficulty but my stats were always high. In these kind of games I just go running around a lot before doing anything causing everything to level up quickly.

I am on the hardest difficulty and can't even clear Kvatch, I closed the first Oblivion gate but everytime i enter Kvatch I get overrun and one or two banged by the scamps. I have completed Oblivion a couple of times before btw. I think I am going to need to level my character a bit before carrying on.

I can only think that the mods I have on are making it harder or the character I have chosen (Battlemage) isnt as strong early game as others.

I am currently downloading mods that I want , as I am getting ready to start Fallout New Vegas, shortly.

I have most of these on, some of them change the way the enemies level so not everything will be levelling up. Characters that should be weak remain weaker.

Ten essential Oblivion mods | PC Gamer

I am on the hardest difficulty and can't even clear Kvatch, I closed the first Oblivion gate but everytime i enter Kvatch I get overrun and one or two banged by the scamps. I have completed Oblivion a couple of times before btw. I think I am going to need to level my character a bit before carrying on.

I can only think that the mods I have on are making it harder or the character I have chosen (Battlemage) isnt as strong early game as others.
Mages are generally weak characters compared to warriors in TES games until you are a higher level with better skills. I tried being a mage once in Oblivion and failed hard. When doing a TES game I boost my character up pretty high before even playing the game so I don't have the strain of constantly dieing because my dude is weak.

Back
Top Bottom